Public Storage

www.publicstorage.com
  www.publicstorage.com
There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage

Office job with some outdoor work and maintenance.

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Stable hours, chance to have an apartment onsite.

Cons

Angry customers. Maintenance issues sometimes take a long time to get resolved.

Don't take so long with addressing maintenance issues on the properties.

360 Other Employee Reviews for Public Storage (View Most Recent)

The Poor Get Poorer.....

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

No pros other than the fact that working nights is not a requirement.

Cons

Within the past 5 years of my employment here at Public Storage on the East Coast; Public Storage has reduced Paid Time Off hours for Store Managers and Relief Managers... raised our insurance... and year by year reduced both the potential for and amount paid in "bonuses". 4 years ago we had the potential to make $800 per quarter totalling $3200 per year in bonus pay. 3 years ago it was reduced to bi-monthly bonus pay up to $250. 2 years ago it left you the potential to make up to approximately $100 per month. And this past year along with our PTO hours being reduced; we were informed that up to only 40% of field employees would receive ANY bonus at all with the top amount being $3000 at the end of a full calander year. A bonus that only 10% of employees in a region of hundreds would receive.
    All of this while "upper management" receives GAURANTEED bonus money based off the numbers that the field employees achieve. This is likely why you see so many "positive reviews" from the district and regional managers on this site. By the way; there is NO promoting from within! So while other people with little to no experience in this business will soon be Your BOSS...you will be stuck at the position you are hired at until the end of time. Forgot to mention; the company has decided to "do away" with annual raises (which were literally pennies on the dollar anyway) until they figure out if its "in the budget"! Lol. We are talking about a Multics billion dollar company who ALREADY underpays its front line ; has reduced Pto; and has reduced bonus payouts to nearly nothing. Yet somehow they're not sure that raises are "in the budget". Do yourself a favor and work ANYWHERE but Public Storage.

Where to begin? Hey Ron Havner....Shawn Weidman... if you somehow come across this- just know that out here in New York there isn't a single property or relief manager that doesn't curse you both each and every day for the money you've taken away from us and for the upper management you currently have overseeing us. You have several hundred unhappy- underpaid- struggling employees working our tails off all while STRUGGLING to keep our heads above water. This is New York...its expensive here! So stop making "upper managements'" wallets fatter and spread the wealth. The quartly incentive program that was in place a few years ago was perfect and actually gave us something to work toward and look forward to. Incentives will do all good and no harm. Additionally; we ALL know that the company makes MORE than enough money to have raises in the budget...stop being greedy. Finally... you should consider promoting from within. Nobody knows the ins and outs of the everyday operations like those who deal with the customers and the actual sales each and every day.

corp. greed

Current Employee - Property Manager in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

co-workers are cool. very cool.

Cons

The company has changed the employees get a bonus. It went from every 3 months to every month. (everyone was getting a bonus) In 2012 the company changed it so that ONLY 40% of the field employees get a !! Not fair. Especially after pushing them hard for numbers, so that the DM's can get their bonus either way...

Stop stuffing your pockets and give the employees whats due to them. All of them

There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage