Public Storage

www.publicstorage.com
There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage

CEO who only thinks about bottom line

Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Glendale, CA
Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Public Storage full-time

Pros

Very financially stable company whose stock is doing well. Leader in the self-service storage market and is rapidly expanding operations. Employees are very smart and hard working.

Cons

CEO only thinks of the bottom line to the detriment of Public Storage's employees and customers. For instance, starting 2014, corporate employees' 10 days of sick time was effectively eliminated and, for some employees, their vacation time reduced. We now have a reduced pool of "paid time off" so if you take a sick day, you take what was previously your vacation time. Raises are rarely and minimally granted, even though the company is doing very well.
CEO's mantra for the customer is "no pay, no stay" putting the field in a very difficult position when dealing with their customers. The field has very little flexibility to work with customers, which makes it hard for them to deliver any real customer service. Though the CEO surrounds himself with some extremely smart senior management, he doesn't listen to them and will make decisions against their advice. His management style is to impose fear and intimidate.

CEO needs to listen to his senior management and allow them to do their job and treat the company's employees better.

372 Other Employee Reviews for Public Storage (View Most Recent)

Property Manager

Former Employee - Property Manager
    Former Employee - Property Manager

I worked at Public Storage full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's a job when the economy is so bad

Cons

They pay is the lowest in the industry and the medical benefits are substandard. You are basically paying for medical that you can never afford to use, because of the sky high deductible. You are a number and not a person. The company doesn't care about the people that work for them, nor the customer. Their focus is on making a lot of money and not about taking care of their own people or the customer. They bully, harass and threaten their employees into performing. There is a high turnover rate of Property Managers.

Success is not certain until you are obsessed by your goal!

Current Employee - Property Manager/KTP in Long Island City, NY
    Current Employee - Property Manager/KTP in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

One of the greatest reasons to work for Public Storage is that your hard-work is always be recognized by all. The company is driven to succeed and therefore it enables and provides all employees to strive for the best. They provide you with the needed resources, as well as a field of upper management personnel that is available to always lend out a helping hand. They provide their employees with great benefits plans and as well as opportunity for growth within the company. They teach you never settle for anything unless it is your best!

Cons

We all wish sometimes we had more time in the day. Time management is very important because sometimes when we plan our days out accordingly, but not always do they work in our favor. Some days you may be faced with things that come up through the day and that interfere with the tasks you have planned. Always space out your tasks accordingly and make sure to complete them right the first time.

As managers and as people we always are trying to improve. When we strive to be our best, the best results follow. Make sure to always follow up with any tasks at hands. Never put something to the side or hand it off to the next person. Always have a positive mindset as well. A positive mindset opens the mind for improvement. Another piece of advice is to make sure you manage your time well. Our plates can sometimes be full, but there is always room for a little more!!

There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage