There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage

District Manager

I worked at Public Storage full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They pay district managers very well.

Cons

The pressure never stops, it exemplifies every bad thought people have about a corporation, favoritism abounds, and you are mandated 6 days a week several months of the year for no real reason. It is storage for gosh sakes! And I worked at other storage companies.
They pay their storage managers poorly and offer horrible benefits to the front line people.
It is not a warm and caring environment-so if that is important to you-go somewhere else.

Try some trickle down of money and benefits to those who are working in the storage facilities.

reviews filtered by

Very low pay and no advancement

Current Employee - Property Manager/KTP
    Current Employee - Property Manager/KTP

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Job security. It is very difficult to get fired here. No direct supervising.

Cons

Low pay with no raises and bonuses get cut more each year. No advancement after a becoming a Property Manager making $13. Annual PTO accrual was also just cut, and health insurance switched to a plan with horrible coverage. Company is too large and cannot keep up with their 2,200 locations, so repairs never get done and customers are never happy. Company increases costs to customer constantly (merchandise, rent raises, late fees, ins. etc etc etc)

Start caring about your bottom line employees and customers a little bit more or soon there will be no left

2. Great Company, Great Career Path, Great Leadership

Current Employee - Senior District Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior District Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company with thoughtful decisions on growth, development and advancement opportunities. If you are driven for success and the ability to develop others and see results from your daily activities, this is the place for you. Senior leadership is driven by success at the property level, providing the tools needed to drive performance and give customers a first rate experience in our industry.
    I have been willing to dedicate the time and resources to build a great team. With a great team beside me, we continue to drive success. The company recognizes these success' and rewards us for the hard work and dedication.

Cons

Task oriented job management can be a struggle to complete at times, but continued focus on process improvements and technology enhancements will allow improvements to work/life balance.

Continue to drive our business through growth and focus on development of our team. Rewards at every level of employment continue to drive performance. The more we listen to the street, the better we become.

There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage