Public Storage

Nerve Wracking

Former Employee - Property Manager  in  Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - Property Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Public Storage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Public Storage is a good place to learn the business of storage. No late hours. Mid morning start time is great. Get to work one on one with the public.

Cons

Workers are not promoted beyond property manager. Upper management are hired outside the company and most have never worked in the storage business, yet think they know what works best over the people who actually work it.

Let people be themselves instead of robots with scripts. What looks good on paper is not always the best option.

311 Other Employee Reviews for Public Storage (View Most Recent)

Unethical, greedy

I have been working at Public Storage

Pros

No pros that outweigh the cons

Cons

Where do I start? This company is horrible, and I'm not just saying this because I have a chip on my shoulder. For near poverty wages (9.50 to start) employees are expected to be a retail sales expert, a leasing consultant, a collections agent, a janitor and put up with micromanaging abusive DM's that have no idea what it takes to run a property. My life has been personally threatened on multiple occasions, and have been expected to clean up human excrement. Roach\rat infestations are a common occurance, and the security is laughable. I have run into units that have been broken into on a weekly basis, the company does nothing to improve the situation. No work/life balance. Required to work every weekend. only one week of pto in your first year that is accrued. Im also pretty sure the company owns the insurance company that employees are forced to make customers buy. TRUST ME, YOU DONT WANT TO WORK HERE.

Just stop. You are a prime example of what's wrong with society; the quintessence of corporate greed

It use to be an ok place to work. Not a career!

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Public Storage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Hours
    - Decent benefits
    - Good co-workers

Cons

Public storage profits 48% of it's total income, yet none of the people who draw in the business see any of it. (Property Managers/Relief Managers) They constantly change the bonus structure every year and the majority of people do not receive a bonus despite the hard work they put in. District managers and above receive a very generous quarterly bonus all built on the back of our hard work. They want you to sell, sell and sell, yet give you no incentive to. I use to have faith in this company when I first started, but it has all gone downhill. The stockholder ALWAYS comes first. The employees will get shafted by not receiving any bonus and the customers will get ridiculous rent increases. Stay as far away from this company as possible. They will draw you in with false hope and promises.

Side note: Paid time off and holiday has been reduced each year.

Start taking care of the property managers/relief mangers instead of treating us like garbage.

There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage

Worked for Public Storage? Contribute to the Community!