Public Storage

There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage

Nerve Wracking

Former Employee - Property Manager in Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - Property Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Public Storage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Public Storage is a good place to learn the business of storage. No late hours. Mid morning start time is great. Get to work one on one with the public.

Cons

Workers are not promoted beyond property manager. Upper management are hired outside the company and most have never worked in the storage business, yet think they know what works best over the people who actually work it.

Let people be themselves instead of robots with scripts. What looks good on paper is not always the best option.

329 Other Employee Reviews for Public Storage (View Most Recent)

Unethical, greedy

I have been working at Public Storage

Pros

No pros that outweigh the cons

Cons

Where do I start? This company is horrible, and I'm not just saying this because I have a chip on my shoulder. For near poverty wages (9.50 to start) employees are expected to be a retail sales expert, a leasing consultant, a collections agent, a janitor and put up with micromanaging abusive DM's that have no idea what it takes to run a property. My life has been personally threatened on multiple occasions, and have been expected to clean up human excrement. Roach\rat infestations are a common occurance, and the security is laughable. I have run into units that have been broken into on a weekly basis, the company does nothing to improve the situation. No work/life balance. Required to work every weekend. only one week of pto in your first year that is accrued. Im also pretty sure the company owns the insurance company that employees are forced to make customers buy. TRUST ME, YOU DONT WANT TO WORK HERE.

Just stop. You are a prime example of what's wrong with society; the quintessence of corporate greed

New DM to Pulic Storage

Current Employee - District Manager in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - District Manager in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Love the leadership! Regional and Divisional leadership is engaged not only in my personal development but also with that of the property managers which is key in inspiring loyalty. Training for new DM's is an extensive 3 month process ensuring that you are set up for success once in role, loved my training mentor and my training made me confident in the transition to taking over my current district. Seems like there is a lot of energy put in to succession planning and promoting within!

Cons

You have your hands in a lot more aspects of the business than I have ever experienced in similar roles, however the 3 month training ensures you are comfortable with all of this before going live.

Continue to make the focus our team and service experience!

There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage