Public Storage - Market Leader in Burbank

Former Employee - Clerical Staff in Burbank, CA
Former Employee - Clerical Staff in Burbank, CA

I worked at Public Storage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's great to work for the establisshed leader in the space

Cons

Not much innovation and things move slowly

Advice to Management

nothing that comes to mind

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Corporate Greed

Former Employee - Relief Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Relief Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Public Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's full time, and the health benefits are decent

Cons

First of all, P.S. pays below the market average for a similar position. (9.50 to start, which is ridiculous) I was told during my interview ,"Good luck finding a better opportunity with your skill set." I should have seen that as a red flag, but was desperate for work at the time. This company is all about the money, and it's business practices are downright despicable. I was expected to lie to meet unobtainable sales goals, and beg customers to give me five star reviews on yelp/google. And if one didn't get enough reviews, you bet you're going to get a talkin' to. (I'm pretty sure most of the five star reviews on G.D. for this company are lies) Eventually employees just started faking these reviews online to get the DM's/RM's off our backs. I felt unsafe working alone, and have been threatened on multiple occasions by intoxicated customers. One guy threatened to kill me. If you want to work here you better be comfortable using scripts for every potential customer encounter, which made me personally feel like some corporate stooge, idiot robot. Working there was very stressful, and not worth the near poverty wages the company deems as sufficient compensation.
    I could go on and on about the unethical practices I witnessed everyday, but I won't. I'm just glad I'm out over there and this chapter of my life is closed.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to re evaluate their business model. Just because what you're doing is legal (ish), does not make it ethical. And stop treating your employees like idiots.

Unethical, greedy

I have been working at Public Storage

Pros

No pros that outweigh the cons

Cons

Where do I start? This company is horrible, and I'm not just saying this because I have a chip on my shoulder. For near poverty wages (9.50 to start) employees are expected to be a retail sales expert, a leasing consultant, a collections agent, a janitor and put up with micromanaging abusive DM's that have no idea what it takes to run a property. My life has been personally threatened on multiple occasions, and have been expected to clean up human excrement. Roach\rat infestations are a common occurance, and the security is laughable. I have run into units that have been broken into on a weekly basis, the company does nothing to improve the situation. No work/life balance. Required to work every weekend. only one week of pto in your first year that is accrued. Im also pretty sure the company owns the insurance company that employees are forced to make customers buy. TRUST ME, YOU DONT WANT TO WORK HERE.

Advice to Management

Just stop. You are a prime example of what's wrong with society; the quintessence of corporate greed