Public Storage - Market Leader in Burbank

Former Employee - Clerical Staff in Burbank, CA
Former Employee - Clerical Staff in Burbank, CA

I worked at Public Storage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's great to work for the establisshed leader in the space

Cons

Not much innovation and things move slowly

Advice to Management

nothing that comes to mind

Other Employee Reviews for Public Storage

New DM to Pulic Storage

Current Employee - District Manager in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - District Manager in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the leadership! Regional and Divisional leadership is engaged not only in my personal development but also with that of the property managers which is key in inspiring loyalty. Training for new DM's is an extensive 3 month process ensuring that you are set up for success once in role, loved my training mentor and my training made me confident in the transition to taking over my current district. Seems like there is a lot of energy put in to succession planning and promoting within!

Cons

You have your hands in a lot more aspects of the business than I have ever experienced in similar roles, however the 3 month training ensures you are comfortable with all of this before going live.

Advice to Management

Continue to make the focus our team and service experience!

Unethical, greedy

Pros

No pros that outweigh the cons

Cons

Where do I start? This company is horrible, and I'm not just saying this because I have a chip on my shoulder. For near poverty wages (9.50 to start) employees are expected to be a retail sales expert, a leasing consultant, a collections agent, a janitor and put up with micromanaging abusive DM's that have no idea what it takes to run a property. My life has been personally threatened on multiple occasions, and have been expected to clean up human excrement. Roach\rat infestations are a common occurance, and the security is laughable. I have run into units that have been broken into on a weekly basis, the company does nothing to improve the situation. No work/life balance. Required to work every weekend. only one week of pto in your first year that is accrued. Im also pretty sure the company owns the insurance company that employees are forced to make customers buy. TRUST ME, YOU DONT WANT TO WORK HERE.

Advice to Management

Just stop. You are a prime example of what's wrong with society; the quintessence of corporate greed