Public Storage

There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage

Many Growth Opportunities

Current Employee - Human Resources in Burbank, CA
Current Employee - Human Resources in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Public Storage provides a great Work/Life balance, with offerings in benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, supplemental insurance, and more), 401k with company match, PTO, sick leave, bereavement and bonus opportunities. The management team helps find ways for their employees to grow within the Company and their careers.

Cons

I do not have any cons to mention.

384 Other Employee Reviews for Public Storage (View Most Recent)

Happy DM

I have been working at Public Storage full-time

Pros

Love the job. Best I've ever had. Lots of flexibility. Great place to work.

Cons

Lock cuts are rough on your body.

Keep being positive and sharing.

Corporate Greed

Former Employee - Relief Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Relief Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Public Storage full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's full time, and the health benefits are decent

Cons

First of all, P.S. pays below the market average for a similar position. (9.50 to start, which is ridiculous) I was told during my interview ,"Good luck finding a better opportunity with your skill set." I should have seen that as a red flag, but was desperate for work at the time. This company is all about the money, and it's business practices are downright despicable. I was expected to lie to meet unobtainable sales goals, and beg customers to give me five star reviews on yelp/google. And if one didn't get enough reviews, you bet you're going to get a talkin' to. (I'm pretty sure most of the five star reviews on G.D. for this company are lies) Eventually employees just started faking these reviews online to get the DM's/RM's off our backs. I felt unsafe working alone, and have been threatened on multiple occasions by intoxicated customers. One guy threatened to kill me. If you want to work here you better be comfortable using scripts for every potential customer encounter, which made me personally feel like some corporate stooge, idiot robot. Working there was very stressful, and not worth the near poverty wages the company deems as sufficient compensation.
    I could go on and on about the unethical practices I witnessed everyday, but I won't. I'm just glad I'm out over there and this chapter of my life is closed.

Corporate needs to re evaluate their business model. Just because what you're doing is legal (ish), does not make it ethical. And stop treating your employees like idiots.

There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage