Public Storage

www.publicstorage.com
There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage

Good work-life balance

I have been working at Public Storage full-time

Pros

Able to have a balance between work and family - don't have to work extended hours.

Cons

Not a company that focuses on employee development.

Develop your people so that they can advance to the next level - otherwise the risk is losing good employees who know a lot about the company.

354 Other Employee Reviews for Public Storage (View Most Recent)

No security, false promise and no accountability

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Public Storage

Pros

I like management. I enjoy the fast paced days and reaching goals. This job has taught me what I need to be successful regarding speaking with people, describing transactions and policy procedures a s well as my personal enrichment.

Cons

Unfortunately this outweighs the pros. I called my boss and told them I felt unsafe here. There are men - possibly without a home who walk around and get too close to property office front door. I work alone - no cameras, bad lighting at night and 90% off the highway where anyone can walk up and shoot you, rape or rob basically do whatever they want to you. Anyway I told him about this and he said "call the police if they come in I can't really do anything about homeless men walking around your areas of work." He said nothing also didn't ask about how they could improve on security. Basically meant well ya know I can't do anything and nothing will change to improve your workplace. Also the bathrooms are filthy at some locations, causing me to use my gas to drive 5 miles and find a bathroom. They know these places are unsafe and dangerous with no lighting and dark hallways.

Oh and they have job fairs 247, knowing were short handed and not hiring a single person. They want you to be over qualified for poverty wages and won't hire good honest people. My current manager wouldn't have hired me. I got in a couple of yrs before he did.

You get 30 minutes for lunch. Enough time to drive across the interstate and grab some lunch and drive right back hopijg you get enough time to eat. If you are seen eating lunch while on the clock you will be looked down on.

Don't work here unless you're willing to suffer while doing it.

You guys are obsessed with your pockets. You're obsessed with who you work for. You focus on numbers not quality. These places are filthy and unsafe. I am looking in to reporting you to my local state workforce. There is no advice since you're so greedy.

Many Growth Opportunities

Current Employee - Human Resources in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Public Storage provides a great Work/Life balance, with offerings in benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, supplemental insurance, and more), 401k with company match, PTO, sick leave, bereavement and bonus opportunities. The management team helps find ways for their employees to grow within the Company and their careers.

Cons

I do not have any cons to mention.

There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage