There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage

Refreshing

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people I get to work with on a daily basis make my job rewarding and keep me coming back with a renewed energy every day. I learn something new each day but also get to teach something to someone which for me is a win win.

Cons

The technology used is outdated and to get help from the help desk hotline can be frustrating at times.

Don't forget about the people on the front line that deal with the customers each and every day.

reviews filtered by

My time at Public Storage

Former Employee - Relief Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Relief Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Public Storage full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you like to multi-task this would be a good fit. Good learning environment for a young person who still lives with his parents and going to school.

Cons

Over my six years with PS I have seen many tactics that are not consumer friendly. Trying to get people to buy two locks if the door has that type of hasp and of course insurance. The employees have a lot of pressure put on them to sell the insurance, including management. The insurance PS offers has the lowest claim pay out in the industry. PS does have a bonus-incentive plan that has changed over the past few years to the degree that only 60% of the property people are eligible and of course the performance levels are raised every year so if you can't get 85% insurance sales how are you going to get 87%. The vacation time has also changed, many companies have a limit to the hours you can accrue, but PS come November will cash out your hours in excess of 40 hours with the fraise "Just In Time For The Holiday's". No kidding. The pay is low for the demands of the job and their is no opportunity for advancement from the property level. That would be the definition of a dead end job.

Their is no need to offer anything here Ron Havner the chairman of the board and ceo has no regard for the people working the properties and if he can squeeze a nickel from them he will to satisfy the share holders.

Relief Manager

Current Employee - Relief Manager
    Current Employee - Relief Manager

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Bankers Hours. Steady Pay. The rest is just horrible.

Cons

The company does not recognize your talents or skill you bring. All they care about is finding people to the job. They want people to do the job and not think just follow. No creativity, lack of motivation. It's all about sell, sell & sell at any means necessary. The scripts are junk, Written by people who have never worked the shift. It's a numbers game. No real way to grow with this company unless you are a DM. Which I think is very wrong. We don't get paid enough. Hourly is a joke. They are taking advantage of the current economic situation to squeeze more work out of you. We do rentals, building maintenance. Even janitorial service. Also no ability to take a decent vacation.

Pay attention to your field personal. If it's not for them you would not be where you are right now. Stop posting pictures of your fancy Hawaiian vacation every December.

There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage