Public Storage

www.publicstorage.com
  www.publicstorage.com
There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage

My experience was neutral.

I worked at Public Storage

Pros

My experience at Public Storage can be described as neutral. There were both good and bad aspects to the company. The work is fairly easy.

Cons

I wouldn't really recommend this for personal growth. The company is okay but career is not fulfilling. The corporation has some sketchy aspects.

310 Other Employee Reviews for Public Storage (View Most Recent)

Great Career Path

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Public Storage full-time for more than a year

Pros

I never thought I would work for a Storage Company. I came from a fast pace and high stress environment that was not supportive and I used to work almost 60 hours a week.Public Storage is a great company to work for. There is a nice work/life balance here. I've heard from my supervisors at many levels to not spend so much time working after hours, which I chose to do. They only hire District Managers from outside with previous experience. The employees and management here are great. There are many oppurtunity to move up after the District Manager level. The workload is manageable. I enjoy having my own team and creating a positive and friendly sales culture. It is great to see how your leadership and coaching can affact behavior and change. If you want to develop your leadership and management skills and build a career with management, this is a great company to work for. They are evolving their sales culture and continue to be the industry leader and I am proud to be part of it!

Cons

No company car but I can expense my miles

Give District Manager a little more autonomy to run the business.

Public Storage Response

Jul 10, 2014Vice President Learning & Development

Thanks for the feedback! We really appreciate it!

Worst company I've ever worked for...

Former Employee - Property Manager  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Property Manager in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Public Storage full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Ability to work at your own pace.

Cons

Bonus and PTO are constantly reduced. Work all weekends and holidays. No room for advancement. Disconnect between managers and employees.

Stop nickel and diming; pay your employees what they deserve. Actually put money into the properties themselves. Stop forcing employees to do things when DMs are rarely around.

There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage

Worked for Public Storage? Contribute to the Community!