Public Storage

There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage

Worst company ever

Former Employee - Property Manager in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Property Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Public Storage full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

No real pros here, when i first started in 2006 the company was great, good bonus structure, really good upper management, but that did not last long

Cons

No respect for store level employes, does not promote from within was told flat out that store manager was as high as i would ever get, as a live on site manager i was only paid minimum wage which was a $2.00 a hour pay cut from what i was making before taking a PM job, high turn over at upper management level we had 7 district managers in the 6 years i with company, nothing was ever good enuff

375 Other Employee Reviews for Public Storage (View Most Recent)

Great Career Path

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I never thought I would work for a Storage Company. I came from a fast pace and high stress environment that was not supportive and I used to work almost 60 hours a week.Public Storage is a great company to work for. There is a nice work/life balance here. I've heard from my supervisors at many levels to not spend so much time working after hours, which I chose to do. They only hire District Managers from outside with previous experience. The employees and management here are great. There are many oppurtunity to move up after the District Manager level. The workload is manageable. I enjoy having my own team and creating a positive and friendly sales culture. It is great to see how your leadership and coaching can affact behavior and change. If you want to develop your leadership and management skills and build a career with management, this is a great company to work for. They are evolving their sales culture and continue to be the industry leader and I am proud to be part of it!

Cons

No company car but I can expense my miles

Give District Manager a little more autonomy to run the business.

Public Storage Response

Jul 10, 2014Vice President Learning & Development

Thanks for the feedback! We really appreciate it!

GREAT COMPANY!

Current Employee - Multi Unit Management in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Multi Unit Management in Phila, PA

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have been with this Company for 2 years. I came to work her because of the growth potential and to invest myself in a stable Company. It was a great choice. I can work in a business that has great job security and in my time, I have personally experienced the growth potential. I was able to get promoted to the next level. It is a great feeling, to work hard and focus on the right things, and reap the benefits of advancing my career.

Cons

Multi-unit positions require a lot of dedication and hard-work. However, you find that in any company. If you are not afraid of hard work and holding high expectations for your own performance, then this is the Company you can grow with.

There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage