Public Storage

www.publicstorage.com
  www.publicstorage.com
There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage

When I first went to work years ago it made its employes feel appriciated, now it treats you like a slave.

Current Employee - Resident Property/Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Resident Property/Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Public Storage

Pros

The hours are good, and you don't have anyone micro managing you. Most of the people I work with in my district are geat people. I've never had a problem getting time off when I needed it.

Cons

Public Storage wants little robots in their offices to speak their scripts and sell the over priced merchandise. Apparently the corporate office doesn't believe that there is a recession. You must sell a lock and insurance and set people up with Auto Pay when they rent whether they want it or not. We have a new contest running right now where the district manager and the regional manager get a trip to Hawai and the property managers who do all the work get a $100.00. Just think about that, you do all the work and get $100.00 bucks and your boss and his boss go to Hawai! Their pay raises are also a joke, their idea of a raise is a whole .25 or less, yes I said less.

Slave is not written on your property managers foreheads. They are people with familys that need a decent pay.

308 Other Employee Reviews for Public Storage (View Most Recent)

Run away!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Public Storage

Pros

The salary is good, restricted stock is excellent.

Cons

Too much faith in technology an dTV commercials at the expense of getting and keeping "the best and the brightest". It's created a fearful, paranoid and sycophantic culture at all levels of the company.

Place more value in your people to help drive your business. Relying on fool-proof technology and TV commercials can only take you so far. Work to attract, retain, grow and value those who will carry the business forward. You're utterly failing at this presently.

Change and turnover are a few of there favorite things

Former Employee - District Manager  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - District Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Public Storage

Pros

You can make good money if you know how to work the metrics they have for your bonus

Cons

Its an old boys network. If they don't like you, you will go nowhere

Listen to your people on the front line. They are in your stores the most. When you have a region or district making 10% over ly in profits and they are ranked in the bottom of the company and don't get a bonus makes no sense. They are making you the most money but you give them nothing

There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage

Worked for Public Storage? Contribute to the Community!