There are newer employer reviews for Publix

While its similar to many other grocery store jobs, Publix is a company worth being with.

Former Employee - Bagger/Cashier in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Bagger/Cashier in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Publix

Pros

No matter what location I worked at, you meet amazing people. Some young high school kids who are working their first jobs, or middle age folks who need some extra income. I think they try to hire nice people, because having bad coworker experiences was a rarity. I still keep in touch with friends I met on the job.

Cons

One of my managers told me once that "One thing Publix doesn't do great is they'll never tell you when you do something right". I found this to be true. If you do your job great, you probably wont hear about it. An awesome manager might say something, but its not likely. If you need work on something, they will quickly correct it. I never had to many problems with it, but it would have been nice to get some positive reinforcement on the really hectic days.

Recognize your employees! Many at my level were either high school or college students, really working hard. It would have made work a little better if we were told some good things from time to time.

1282 Other Employee Reviews for Publix (View Most Recent)

Not bad

Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Publix part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible work hours friendly managers and associates,good bebefits if you qualify, regular weekly pay easy to seek tranfer to another store

Cons

Almost everyone on except middle to top management are doing part time . getting benefits not automatic it takes a little while for one to qualify

Give more employee full time and make it easier to to attain benefits

Best Experience Ever

Former Employee - Customer Service Staff in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Staff in Columbia, SC

I worked at Publix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some of the best benefits you will ever find in a company. You get bonuses every quarter based on the length of time you've worked there. There is limitless opportunities to advance being that the company only hires from within and everyone - EVERYONE - starts from the bottom up, so everyone's been in the same position before.

Cons

They are really strict on attendance, which shouldn't be a big con, but most managers aren't flexible when it comes to issues such as illness, car problems, transportation emergencies, etc. Also most of the managers, especially if they've been promoted way too early, have a tendency to either power trip or be very incompetent in their job. Other than that, there aren't that many cons about the company at all.

Be respectful and appreciative to the employees that work for you. Appreciation and respect goes a long way.

There are newer employer reviews for Publix