Publix

www.publix.com

While its similar to many other grocery store jobs, Publix is a company worth being with.

Bagger/Cashier (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsNo matter what location I worked at, you meet amazing people. Some young high school kids who are working their first jobs, or middle age folks who need some extra income. I think they try to hire nice people, because having bad coworker experiences was a rarity. I still keep in touch with friends I met on the job.

ConsOne of my managers told me once that "One thing Publix doesn't do great is they'll never tell you when you do something right". I found this to be true. If you do your job great, you probably wont hear about it. An awesome manager might say something, but its not likely. If you need work on something, they will quickly correct it. I never had to many problems with it, but it would have been nice to get some positive reinforcement on the really hectic days.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize your employees! Many at my level were either high school or college students, really working hard. It would have made work a little better if we were told some good things from time to time.

Best Experience Ever

Customer Service Staff (Former Employee) Columbia, SC

I worked at Publix full-time for more than a year

Pros: Some of the best benefits you will ever find in a company. You get bonuses every quarter based on the length of time you've… Cons: They are really strict on attendance, which shouldn't be a big con, but most managers aren't flexible when it comes to issues such as illness,… Advice to Senior Management: Be respectful and appreciative to the employees that work for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great first job

Bagger (Former Employee) New Smyrna Beach, FL

I worked at Publix

Pros: Publix is a great company to work for. They truly care about their employees. Management is flexible on… Cons: Management gets annoyed over baggers and cashiers talking to one… Advice to Senior Management: None. I think Publix management is run really well. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Publix.

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!