Publix

www.publix.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Publix

Great benifits and wonderful company.

Current Employee - Everything in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Everything in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Publix part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have health insurance at 1,500 hrs a week. A 401K to invest in. Biggest Grocerey store in the South Great Company overall!! Everybody needs to eat. Great place to work.

Cons

People get hired at more money than I make. I would like vacation time for working the hours I do. I would like higher raises for the amount of time I put in the Company.

Be nicer and smile. Premire customer service is our pleasure

1533 Other Employee Reviews for Publix (View Most Recent)

Good Pay, Decent Benefits

Former Employee - Cashier/Produce in Davie, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier/Produce in Davie, FL

I worked at Publix part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

401k, Stock Options <--(Very Worthwhile), If you get 31+ hours weekly, also Health, Dental, And Vision Insurance (you pay, but much cheaper than if u got it yourself)

Cons

Most of the Management cares very little for the people under them, the exception to this is the few favorites they may or may not have.

The Benefits Are Gradually Being Reduced, and The Requirements for earning them Gradually Raised.

You Need Management that wont get fuming angry at an employee every time something upsets them. Self-control is Essential To anyone placed in charge of Anyone or Anything. But Many of your Current Managers Are Self-Indulgent. And Often Impulsive. This Leads To a Crew That Is Miserable and Despises their bosses, This Has a Direct Impact on Performance and Customer Relations. Your Reputation for Customer Service Is Being Dragged Through The Mud By This.

Great first job

Former Employee - Bagger in New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Bagger in New Smyrna Beach, FL

I worked at Publix

Pros

Publix is a great company to work for. They truly care about their employees. Management is flexible on hours and is somewhat lenient when it comes to taking time off. Friendly atmosphere, happy customers, and hardworking staff.

Cons

Management gets annoyed over baggers and cashiers talking to one another. Very strict with "carts" schedule. Never get holidays off.

None. I think Publix management is run really well.

There are newer employer reviews for Publix