Publix
www.publix.com Lakeland, FL 5000+ Employees

If you don't plan on staying, I say keep searching.

Front Service Clerk (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Publix part-time for more than a year

ProsIf you desire to go up the ladder, you will if you try. Free item at the beginning of the month. If you find the right store, they've got the "Publix spirit," if you really get into your job. My particular manager that hired me did so with me having no work experience whatsoever, which I am grateful for. Great choice of benefits if you're full time; however even part-time associates can purchase stock only after a year of employment. Easy to access schedule and request time off. When you apply at the application center in one Publix, it sends it to many within 20 miles or so of the one in which you originally applied.

ConsThe part-time employees don't so much get a chance to get all of the good stuff on the benefits. If you're part-time you absolutely cannot work more than 40 hours in a week. Unless you want to close and have to stay until almost midnight a lot of nights, you don't get a lot of hours because closing shifts give you more hours. No discounts on anything, nada. Also they're pretty inconsistent with their management because how well a store is managed fluctuates pretty bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide discounts for your employees. Think more of the seemingly insignificant roles. Focus more on keeping the management in each individual store consistent. Also, I love how you keep the stock accessible to only employees and make it available only after a year of employment, possibly one of your best decisions as a company, wonderful idea and setup.

Has been falling off, needs to work on company culture.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Publix part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Tuition reimbursement, flexible schedule, nice coworkers. Cons: Some customers, ignorant management, pay. Advice to Senior Management: Listen to employees because sometimes they are better educated then… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Customer Service at the storefront

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Pembroke Pines, FL

I worked at Publix part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Young individuals can learn valuable lessons and skills from this… Cons: Management is not the most organized and the continuous change… Advice to Senior Management: The managers should communicate more with each other and focus… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Publix.

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Publix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Publix CEO Ed Crenshaw. All reviews posted anonymously by Publix employees.