Publix
3.7 of 5 1,081 reviews
www.publix.com Lakeland, FL 5000+ Employees

A great big family!

Deli Clerk (Current Employee)
Hialeah, FL

ProsThe whole store becomes a big family. You meet all sorts of colorful people. Great benefits (especially for students!). Very flexible with your personal schedule/school schedule.

ConsOccasionally bump into obnoxious, whiny, loud customers. Takes WAY TOO LONG to move up to Full Time. Not even going to lie... the pay rate for my position is under payed. very.

Advice to Senior ManagementEverything is great, but stop being so stingy with what you pay your associates! Publix is paying their managers much more attention than the ones who truly deserve it; the employees.

My experience at Publix was for the most part fair and rewarding.

Customer Service Team Leader (Former Employee)
    Murfreesboro, TN

I worked at Publix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Excellent benefits Stock option program that is NOT traded publicly Advancement achievable Cons: They try to start everyone out part time so it could take a long time to achieve full time goal. Depending on what store you are… Advice to Senior Management: Don't judge a person and then just write them off. Listen… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Publix is great place to work

Grocery Clerk (Current Employee)
    Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Publix part-time for less than a year

Pros: Where working is always pleasure Cons: every one who works with publix are very happy Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Publix.

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Publix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Publix CEO Ed Crenshaw. All reviews posted anonymously by Publix employees.