Publix
3.7 of 5 1,082 reviews
www.publix.com Lakeland, FL 5000+ Employees

Alright to put you through school

Customer Service Staff (Current Employee)

ProsPart timers can choose the hours they want to work. Most associates are friendly. The job has the perks of choosing your hours but the more availability you have the more hours you get.

Consfavoritism and politics at the workplace, although almost every larger company deals with this.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer full time to more associates. Some of them would really appreciate it and deserve it (not speaking for myself but of others).

Satisfied employee

Deli Associate (Former Employee)
    Morrow, GA

I worked at Publix part-time for less than a year

Pros: Publix hires from within and challenges you to seek other skills and training. The company assists with in house training… Cons: Publix pays low wages and no benefits Advice to Senior Management: Raise compensation levels and pay medical benefits to all employees. Allow employees the option of transferring to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Unless you have been with the company for years, you get no respect or encouragement.

Customer Service Staff (Current Employee)

I have been working at Publix part-time for more than a year

Pros: Great Customers and quality products. Provides excellent customer service. Cons: Promotion is based on tenure, not performance, so upper management protected by length of time with the company, not how well they are qualified for… Advice to Senior Management: Learn how to treat people like human beings. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Publix.

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Publix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Publix CEO Ed Crenshaw. All reviews posted anonymously by Publix employees.