There are newer employer reviews for Publix

There was great days, but it was mainly decent.

Former Employee - Customer Service Staff in Weston, FL
Former Employee - Customer Service Staff in Weston, FL

I worked at Publix part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Met some very interesting people. Had "regular customers," who appreciated my work and knew me by name. Countless times would people come up to me in public and recognize me from work. No set schedules so everyone gets to have random weekends off.

Cons

Some of the customers and managment would ruin your day. When you get a bad manager, or two, or three in the same store, it makes you want to pull your hair out. Most of the people (except for those trying to make a career out of it) have been there 5-20 years and get lazy, including management.

Advice to Management

Treat your job like you did the first week you started. Try to actually CARE about your staff, instead of just focusing on their mistakes. Motivate. Captivate. Don't insinuate.

Other Employee Reviews for Publix

1. A good place to work

Current Employee - Deli Clerk
    Current Employee - Deli Clerk

I have been working at Publix part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Publix is a great job for college students. They are very flexible with your schedule (if you're part-time), they have many benefits, and teach very valuable customer service skills to their associates.

Cons

You will be automatically kicked out of the system if you do not work at least one day a month. It hasn't happened to me but I always thought it was a weird rule.

2. You meet people from all walks of life.

Current Employee - Cashier in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Cashier in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Publix part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You get to meet people from all walks of life, share you similarities and your differences, and it you get acquainted with a "neighborhood" of "regulars" from all walks of life, some of which are your friends, some of which are your family, some of which you will meet tomorrow.

Cons

I don't like standing in one place for too long, Cashiering is not the easiest job, but not the toughest, but it has the possibility to take a toll on your back if you don't know the proper stretching techniques and have a good Chiropractor, being able to Coordinate the front gives you the opportunity to move around much more.

Advice to Management

YOU meet managers from all walks of live.