Publix
www.publix.com Lakeland, FL 5000+ Employees

There was great days, but it was mainly decent.

Customer Service Staff (Former Employee)
Weston, FL

I worked at Publix part-time for more than 5 years

ProsMet some very interesting people. Had "regular customers," who appreciated my work and knew me by name. Countless times would people come up to me in public and recognize me from work. No set schedules so everyone gets to have random weekends off.

ConsSome of the customers and managment would ruin your day. When you get a bad manager, or two, or three in the same store, it makes you want to pull your hair out. Most of the people (except for those trying to make a career out of it) have been there 5-20 years and get lazy, including management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your job like you did the first week you started. Try to actually CARE about your staff, instead of just focusing on their mistakes. Motivate. Captivate. Don't insinuate.

Bagger,Cashier,Janitor, Customer Service

Bagger/Cashier (Former Employee)
Powder Springs, Cobb, GA

I worked at Publix part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Stable company, generally the management is competent, certainly above average for the… Cons: Long shifts(many times even as part-time I worked up to 11hour… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure the store manager takes time to make all… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good place to work

I have been working at Publix

Pros: Clean,safe and friendly place to work Cons: Hours and schedule changes every week. More

There are newer reviews on Publix.

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Publix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Publix CEO Ed Crenshaw. All reviews posted anonymously by Publix employees.