Publix

www.publix.com

There was great days, but it was mainly decent.

Former Employee - Customer Service Staff  in  Weston, FL
Former Employee - Customer Service Staff in Weston, FL

Pros

Met some very interesting people. Had "regular customers," who appreciated my work and knew me by name. Countless times would people come up to me in public and recognize me from work. No set schedules so everyone gets to have random weekends off.

Cons

Some of the customers and managment would ruin your day. When you get a bad manager, or two, or three in the same store, it makes you want to pull your hair out. Most of the people (except for those trying to make a career out of it) have been there 5-20 years and get lazy, including management.

Treat your job like you did the first week you started. Try to actually CARE about your staff, instead of just focusing on their mistakes. Motivate. Captivate. Don't insinuate.

Other reviews for Publix

Good place to work

Pros

Clean,safe and friendly place to work

Cons

Hours and schedule changes every week.

A good place to work

Current Employee - Deli Clerk
    Current Employee - Deli Clerk

Pros

Publix is a great job for college students. They are very flexible with your schedule (if you're part-time), they have many benefits, and teach very valuable customer service skills to their associates.

Cons

You will be automatically kicked out of the system if you do not work at least one day a month. It hasn't happened to me but I always thought it was a weird rule.

There are newer employer reviews for Publix.

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!