Publix
3.7 of 5 1,078 reviews
www.publix.com Lakeland, FL 5000+ Employees

Great first job

Part Time Cashier (Former Employee)
Duluth, GA

ProsI started at Publix when I was 15 and worked there until I was almost 19. I started at one store, transferred to another my freshman year of college, and transferred to a third store when I came home for the summer. Although I absolutely could not wait to leave Publix, it definitely was a good first job. I guess I was so ready to leave because I had been doing the same thing for over 3 years. My favorite part of the job was the people that I worked with. Not everyone, but most of the people I worked with at my 3 stores made my work days worth while. For the most part, the managers are pretty cool, it just all depends on the location of your store honestly. They do offer great benefits and great promotional opportunities. My overall experience with Publix was pleasant.

ConsGet used to the color green. Also, get used to rude customers. This job really teaches you how to hold your tongue. My main issue with Publix is that although the "outstanding customer service" is something everyone would want to be given, some customers take the provided services much to their advantage. It gets out of hand. I really believe that although the customer service motives of Publix are good, they make customers feel entitled and it what makes some people become so nasty. It's a grocery store for goodness sake. Also, in the over 3 years I worked there I did get a raise every evaluation but the highest raise I made was $.50.

Advice to Senior ManagementRelax, it's just a grocery store. Also, we should get higher raises for some of the crap we have to deal with.

Great place to work

Bakery Clerk (Former Employee)

I worked at Publix part-time for less than a year

Pros: Shopping is really pleasure and so is working there. I… Cons: None in my opinion at all, I loved every aspects… More

Great first job to have.

Produce Clerk (Current Employee)
    Jupiter, FL

I have been working at Publix part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The great opportunity Publix offers. 401k, the benefits, and… Cons: Sometimes costumers are a tad bit too much to deal with,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Publix.

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Publix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Publix CEO Ed Crenshaw. All reviews posted anonymously by Publix employees.