Publix

There are newer employer reviews for Publix

Great first job

Former Employee - Part Time Cashier in Duluth, GA
Former Employee - Part Time Cashier in Duluth, GA

I worked at Publix part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I started at Publix when I was 15 and worked there until I was almost 19. I started at one store, transferred to another my freshman year of college, and transferred to a third store when I came home for the summer. Although I absolutely could not wait to leave Publix, it definitely was a good first job. I guess I was so ready to leave because I had been doing the same thing for over 3 years. My favorite part of the job was the people that I worked with. Not everyone, but most of the people I worked with at my 3 stores made my work days worth while. For the most part, the managers are pretty cool, it just all depends on the location of your store honestly. They do offer great benefits and great promotional opportunities. My overall experience with Publix was pleasant.

Cons

Get used to the color green. Also, get used to rude customers. This job really teaches you how to hold your tongue. My main issue with Publix is that although the "outstanding customer service" is something everyone would want to be given, some customers take the provided services much to their advantage. It gets out of hand. I really believe that although the customer service motives of Publix are good, they make customers feel entitled and it what makes some people become so nasty. It's a grocery store for goodness sake. Also, in the over 3 years I worked there I did get a raise every evaluation but the highest raise I made was $.50.

Relax, it's just a grocery store. Also, we should get higher raises for some of the crap we have to deal with.

1362 Other Employee Reviews for Publix (View Most Recent)

Bad management styles

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New Port Richey, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New Port Richey, FL

I worked at Publix full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay, very good benefits, exciting team dynamics

Cons

Super long hours, lack of care from upper management, abuse of powers by some management and lack of compassion and over the last several years horrible customer service

Need to focus on what some of these store managers and departments heads are doing to their people. Also even if someone is a past employee remember they are your biggest critic so when the call corporate do not treat them as if they are garbage

(Grocery Clerk) Depends on the store

Current Employee - Grocery Clerk in Cooper City, FL
    Current Employee - Grocery Clerk in Cooper City, FL

I have been working at Publix part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay was decent
    Customer oriented workplace
    Got a lot of hours
    Most of management was good
    Enjoyed assisting customers

Cons

If a manager holds a personal vendetta against you then your hours will get severely cut. Store managers and assistant store managers can get away with literally sitting in their office watching TV all day if they are like that. Also depending on where you work the store will either be great or dismal.

Check on your store managers.

There are newer employer reviews for Publix