Publix

There are newer employer reviews for Publix

Great first job

Former Employee - Part Time Cashier in Duluth, GA
Former Employee - Part Time Cashier in Duluth, GA

I worked at Publix part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I started at Publix when I was 15 and worked there until I was almost 19. I started at one store, transferred to another my freshman year of college, and transferred to a third store when I came home for the summer. Although I absolutely could not wait to leave Publix, it definitely was a good first job. I guess I was so ready to leave because I had been doing the same thing for over 3 years. My favorite part of the job was the people that I worked with. Not everyone, but most of the people I worked with at my 3 stores made my work days worth while. For the most part, the managers are pretty cool, it just all depends on the location of your store honestly. They do offer great benefits and great promotional opportunities. My overall experience with Publix was pleasant.

Cons

Get used to the color green. Also, get used to rude customers. This job really teaches you how to hold your tongue. My main issue with Publix is that although the "outstanding customer service" is something everyone would want to be given, some customers take the provided services much to their advantage. It gets out of hand. I really believe that although the customer service motives of Publix are good, they make customers feel entitled and it what makes some people become so nasty. It's a grocery store for goodness sake. Also, in the over 3 years I worked there I did get a raise every evaluation but the highest raise I made was $.50.

Relax, it's just a grocery store. Also, we should get higher raises for some of the crap we have to deal with.

1518 Other Employee Reviews for Publix (View Most Recent)

Great Company

I have been working at Publix

Pros

Good benefits, great place to work while in school

Cons

It's a job in retail....

Great Place to work

Former Employee - Cashier in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Orlando, FL

I worked at Publix part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed working for Publix. It was my first job and it was a great experience. Everyone that worked there was really nice and most customers are friendly. Also, the managers will usually work with your schedule -- I worked here while I was in college and so this is a really nice feature of the job.

Cons

Not many cons...the pay isn't great, but still $0.50-$1.00 more than minimum wage to be a cashier. Not too shabby.

There are newer employer reviews for Publix