Publix

www.publix.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Publix

I love working for Publix at store 213. We are a great team and a strong family unit !

Current Employee - Cashier, Aprons in Pembroke Pines, FL
Current Employee - Cashier, Aprons in Pembroke Pines, FL

I have been working at Publix full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Above quality products, educated and caring managers and assistant managers, and a real team atmosphere. We have great customers and great dedicated employees.

Cons

Low pay, part time employment = no full medical insurance only vision and dental...

Some of us really need and want to work full time. I don't want to feel forced to leave a job I love and am committed to because I can't pay my bills.

1521 Other Employee Reviews for Publix (View Most Recent)

friendly enviorment that makes you feel like a team

Current Employee - Deli Associate in Palm Harbor, FL
    Current Employee - Deli Associate in Palm Harbor, FL

I have been working at Publix part-time (less than a year)

Pros

you can advance and excel in any department

Cons

the starting pay is low

take a "under my wing approach"

The BEST part-time job you will EVER have!!

Current Employee - Part Time Cashier in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Part Time Cashier in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Publix part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits, 401k, flexible hours, great management support.

Cons

some immature kids to affect teamwork, but 98% are awesome!!!

Don't keep people who deserve to move forward in their basic positions. Promotions do wonders for people and reasons for not promoting need to be secure and explained so changes can be made if necessary.

Publix is honestly the best part-time job I have ever had, but I have been working for full-time for over a year and have not even gotten training for the next step. I still look forward to going to work every day and I love, love, love my team, but in order to keep the best employees you have I encourage more full-time promotions, more training, and more positive feedback. I never feel under-appreciated, but I have felt taken advantage of on multiple occasions. I will forever hold Publix in the highest respect for how they treat their employees and how they uphold their standards, but actual proof of success and a job-well-done would be wonderful every now and then especially in this hurting economy. A life-long employee is worth more than the costs of giving them full-time positions instead of loosing them to other companies that are willing to offer full-time positions.

The only reason career opportunities does not get a 5-star rating (because honestly the career path is wonderful) is because I have seen many employees (not counting myself as I have only been here just over a year) who fully deserved the role of manager and the promotions they were aiming for and year after year they remained in the same position. They deserve the chance and sometimes other factors seem to be taken in consideration over the roll model example they serve.

There are newer employer reviews for Publix