Publix

www.publix.com

Good if you know people

Part Time Cashier (Former Employee)

ProsWorked with lots of fun people. Customers were great most of the time. Always something to do.

ConsManagers give you a look of death if you have to leave early when your child is ill and has to go to the ER. They WILL ask you if anyone else can take your child to the ER. What a joke!!

Managers give you issues if you call out because you are ill. They basically give you an attitude over the phone and act like it's the end of the world.

The "ROI" process is a complete and utter JOKE. I tried to get a position in the bakery for almost FIVE YEARS and no one said anything, even though my name was put on a piece of paper and it was taped to the WALL in the BREAK ROOM where MANAGERS were a lot of the time.

People who DO NOT fill out the ROI form get the positions in the departments. Example: a girl waltzed right in the bakery and started decorating cakes, when I filled out the ROI form several times over my 4.5 years at Publix and they didn't do crap.

Some store managers think it's okay to talk down to their employees and treat them like they are dumb.

Forced "mandatory" United Way meetings at 5 AM. You WILL be grilled if you don't show up.

People who can only work part time only get to work ONE DAY per week at times. They will also cut your hours if you call out of work.

If you attend church or know someone in the company that is higher up, that is the ONLY WAY you will EVER get promoted. Someone I know is NOT a Christian and they refuse to promote her, even though her test scores are higher than average to get a management position.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your associates like humans. Don't get ticked off if their CHILD is sick and has to go to the HOSPITAL. GET OVER IT!!!!

Look at the ROI forms so those who want to work in other departments get to do so.

Just because someone doesn't attend church or doesn't know the right people doesn't mean you can refuse to give them a management position, even though their test scores are extremely high. THAT IS DISCRIMINATION!

produce can earn you a great career

Produce Clerk (Current Employee) Davenport, FL

I have been working at Publix full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great opportunity you have to make it happen Cons: must be full time 6 months before testing for management Advice to Senior Management: help mold the ones who really want to excel with… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Opportunity to grow, if you know how to network and show off what you offer.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Publix part-time

Pros: Opportunity to grow, if you know how to network and… Cons: Networking is required and is a lot based on connections.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Publix.

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!