Publix

There are newer employer reviews for Publix

Amazing Company

Current Employee - Customer Service Staff in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Customer Service Staff in Miami, FL

I have been working at Publix part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

considerate of employees, benefits are like no where else, pay is much better then you will find at any othere retail job

Cons

relatively slow to move up in the company

1369 Other Employee Reviews for Publix (View Most Recent)

This was my very first employer. They helped me develop a professional work ethic and provided many new opportunities.

Former Employee - Stock Clerk in Fernandina Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Stock Clerk in Fernandina Beach, FL

I worked at Publix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This company offers competitive pay & benefits, flexible hours, ample opportunity for promotion, vested stock options, and access to an employee credit union. The workforce is diverse including personnel from all age groups and ethnic backgrounds. It also brings together professionals from many different backgrounds in order to provide their customers the best customer service and grocery products available at affordable prices.

Cons

Managerial promotions typically require relocating to a different town since bylaws discourage workers from managing any store in which they trained. Each store usually has a number of managers working at any given time. Lower level employees can find themselves caught between the opinions of two or more competing views or management styles which can be challenging, especially when worker evaluations are pending.

There are an unusual amount of 'chiefs' working at any given location which can be confusing for workers who are trying to meet each of their supervisor's expectations. More effort should be made to get store management on the same page and operating consistently so that priorities are understood at every level of the organization.

Favoritism

Former Employee - Front Service Clerk (Bagger) in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Front Service Clerk (Bagger) in Tampa, FL

I worked at Publix part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone receives a bonus at the end of the year

Cons

It might have just been the store I worked with, but I never had to deal with so many cliques. Not even in high school. It didn't matter how well you did at your job. You had to be one of the "cool" kids to be noticed or even appreciated.

There are newer employer reviews for Publix