Publix

www.publix.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Publix

Family centric working environment

I have been working at Publix

Pros

Work family is close knit.
We care for associates and customers equally

Cons

Long hours
Lots of accountability for associates
Hard to quit once you start receiving bonuses

Source corporate positions from lower level management with solid educational background

1526 Other Employee Reviews for Publix (View Most Recent)

Stock Clerk

Former Employee - Stock Clerk in Bradenton, FL
    Former Employee - Stock Clerk in Bradenton, FL

I worked at Publix part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company itself was good to work for but like with any company there were managers that made life miserable however, there were a few exceptions to that. It is an employee owned company and the stock benefits from that were nice. Getting a full time position was next to impossible.

Cons

Getting a raise was close to impossible even with above average reviews every six months, the raises were between a nickel and a quarter. BAse pay was low for the require expectation, there was rarely a job well done given even when you went above and beyond what was required. BEing tossed into other departments with little to no training and being expected to know exactly what you were doing got old after awhile. There is an overall lack of training and the store manager was more about the bottom dollar then improving moral to increase productivity.

While money is important because it makes the world go round, you can't forget that the backbone of your business is the little guys who does the grunt work, if you want to lower the turnover rate and increase productivity remind yourself to say thank you and job well done other then when you get a big bonus. You would not get those if it was not for the people under you who pull the weight of 2 associates because you keep payroll so low.

One of the best companies.

I worked at Publix

Pros

Great salary and benefits friendly management. Room for growth. Supervised with a very hands off approach allowing employees to help customer

Cons

Nothing that comes to mind. This is a fantastic company that employes the best and brightest. Had I not moved I'd still be there

Keep up the good work