There are newer employer reviews for Publix

Good company

Former Employee - Part Time Cashier  in  Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Part Time Cashier in Orlando, FL

I worked at Publix part-time for more than a year

Pros

great company to work for

Cons

pay levels aren't where they need to be....

1212 Other Employee Reviews for Publix (View Most Recent)

Fine as Hourly, Horrible as Management

Former Employee - Assistant Department Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Department Manager

I worked at Publix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Co-workers, atmosphere, retirement benefits, bonuses, sick and vacation days, great job for an hourly associate

Cons

All the pros went out the window when I hit management. Vacation days became unusable as I was constantly denied them due to our department being short-staffed (for an entire year, and likely still). Ended the year with 3 days left, and Publix no longer pays for unused vaca days. I was called in on the few vacation days I was able to use. They gave me a free sub coupon for my trouble.

Worked 60+ hours a week (salaried, so more hours = less pay per hour) and was constantly called/texted/harassed at home as soon as I was off the clock. District and store management do not care about and/or are out-of-touch with the department managers. Not allowed OT for hourly associates or to hire any more, even though we were way understaffed according to our Retail Improvement Specialist.

Publix management in my area is for single people or people who don't like their family much. "Bleed green" or go home. I went home.

Revise your policy for manager pay. Maybe you wouldn't be losing them left and right if they were paid fairly for their time and not treated as cheap labor.

Keep in touch with what is going on in your stores. LISTEN to your people. Maybe the districts need to be made smaller if one District Manager cannot handle his amount of stores. Things are only going to get worse as the company expands and the good people are spread more thinly.

When your HR department receives complaints about a certain manager from multiple stores and associates over a period of time, DO something about it. Ignoring the problem just makes it worse. The reason for the high turnover rate in that department is well-known. Why keep one person just to lose 10? Those training courses for new associates aren't free.

Professionalism.

Current Employee - Grocery Replenishment Specialist  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Grocery Replenishment Specialist in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Publix full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

If Management,favors you as a person.You will be promoted to management within 3yrs.

Cons

If you are (Professional),but not (Liked) or (Favored).Then you will never get promoted

Management,does'nt seem to accept an associate's (Talents) as beneficial to the company.
    But wrather as a threat (Personally) to management's (Abilities) to make the correct decision.

There are newer employer reviews for Publix

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!