Great!

Current Employee - Produce Clerk in Athens, GA
Current Employee - Produce Clerk in Athens, GA

I have been working at Publix part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, caring management who want you to succeed and will help you do so. Happy atmosphere, most of the time.

Cons

There aren't many cons. It might be hard moving up the ladder depending on location because those positions aren't being given up.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Baker Full time in 7 months 2 weeks to be exact!!

Current Employee - Baker in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Baker in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Publix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management is the best I ever worked with in my 15 yrs of working. If you care, well, let's just say they like you and will push you ,I mean push you to the top to be very successful. I became full time within 7 months and became a bakery clerk to a baker title 4 months after I went full time. Working hard and being patient really really pays off. Planning on taking the assistant baker manager test in the months to come.

Cons

Hours vary but dedication is most important otherwise I do not have any issues

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do

2. Overall, a great company to work for. They take care of their people and their people take care of their customers.

I have been working at Publix full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits and opportunities to advance are two great reasons to work here. The retail side is very competitive, but there is a level of commitment to one another that is unseen in other companies. The associates are like family.

Cons

What is asked of management sometimes seems to be too much. The work-home balance tends to slide toward the work side more and more as a manager, especially during the holidays.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to invest time training store-level management on new programs rolling out so that the information can be demonstrated and taught to the hourly associates that will need to use the programs/policies to be effective.