There are newer employer reviews for Publix

Full of hypocrisy

Current Employee - Part Time Cashier  in  Miami, FL
Current Employee - Part Time Cashier in Miami, FL

I have been working at Publix part-time for less than a year

Pros

401k and stock. Anything for the sake of improving Publix's reputation.

Cons

I would have to get 1000 hours in my first year of working here in order to get the Employee Stock Ownership plan. That's why they are cutting my hours, because they do not want me to own that stock for free. Plus, the only reason I have to ask every customer for a donation is to make the company look good. If Publix really cared about feeding the poor (Food for Sharing) or premature babies (March of Dimes), they would have donated 1% of their profits for those causes. But no, they want to leave the customer responsible for donating. They are not hungry for food, just for money.

Stop being so pretentious. Most of you are nice to the customers, but not at all to the employees. That has to change. Stop messing the schedules up through the Oasis, and do not make me go 7 hours without a meal!

1208 Other Employee Reviews for Publix (View Most Recent)

Deli

Former Employee - Deli Clerk  in  Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Publix part-time for less than a year

Pros

Quality pre-packaged "kits" for food prep. This means consistent and quality products for the deli.

Cons

The deli both where food is served and where food is prepared is filthy and disorganized. Food is supposed to be held for various periods of time, but it is often held longer. Food preparation standards are often not followed as prescribed. Management is unprofessional.

The store manager could hire a deli manager who is professional and cares about cleanliness and quality.

Great company if you set your standards low.

Current Employee - Stock Clerk  in  Seminole, FL
    Current Employee - Stock Clerk in Seminole, FL

I have been working at Publix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Publix is about promoting from the inside. If you have "common sense" you can move up in time.

They give stocks for every year you work there for full and part time employees to go toward retirement.

It an easy job with weekly pay checks.

Cons

Management position work 55 hours a week. This is the price you pay to get paid around 50-60k a year.

So many young guys that move to management start work at publix with dreams to go to college. But so many quit to have a safe pay check from a growing company. Sadly, if they just stuck it out and went to college they can have careers making 50k+ working 15 less hours a week. You pay publix with your time the most important thing in life.

Does not promote college grads faster.

Drop the ego to many store managers move around and they all want to reinvent the wheel. If its not broken don't try and fix it. I seen people doing the job for 20+ years get fired because they wouldn't listen to the store manager, who wants it done his way not how they been doing it for the past so many years. That's the worst part, they all want to standout and become district managers.

There are newer employer reviews for Publix

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!