There are newer employer reviews for Publix

Secure but strenuous

Current Employee - Meat Cutter Apprentice in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Meat Cutter Apprentice in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Publix part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are looking for a company that gives pretty much anyone an opportunity to build a career, look no more. They are selective when hiring, but once in the door just show you are dedicated and you can make it all the way to the top.

Benefits are worthwhile and competitive with other similar employers.

Cons

It takes some a very long time to get to full time status. Is you struggle financially and might have to get a second job, forget about working here; the new OASIS scheduling system makes it impossible to do just that. From one week to the next, your schedule will NEVER be the same, even the hours of the day in which you work. Try telling them you can only work certain days, or times of the day and your hours will be reduced drastically. I've seen this happen to numerous employees at numerous locations.

Raises consist of $0.10 -$0.25 increases every 6mo to a year. It is pathetic and will take you 15-25 years to reach your maximum rate of pay.

Management needs to take a stand and stop working for Chinese overtime. Your misery is coming down on the associates that work under you.

Corporate - try working in a store to understand the effects of the decisions made. And your Associate Voice Survey does' thrive us a chance to "voice" a detailed opinion on any of the real issues at the store level.

reviews filtered by

Interview was fine.

Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Johns Creek, GA
    Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Johns Creek, GA

I have been working at Publix part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Perhaps that it is a well established company who never lays off.

Cons

There is a very unclear method of communicating and training. Not a good experience. I have been working in the Deli. Not very polite or fulfilling environment. Instructions are not clear and its chaotic. Not very systematic way!!!

PLEASE keep an eye out for what Managers re doing and how your employees are being treated. Please computerize methods instead of going the long old way of oral instructions. Training needs to be more professional and electronic.

2. Sexually harassed with no disciplinary action for the offender.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Publix part-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you are full-time, the insurance is good.

Cons

Part-time employees are not treated as well as full-time employees no matter how much effort you put into your job.

Value education. I have an MBA was given an "extra" 50 cents for it which I found out later was the minimum pay and part-time when I was interested in management. Your company wasted a valuable resource, your people.

There are newer employer reviews for Publix