Publix

www.publix.com
  www.publix.com
There are newer employer reviews for Publix

The energy in my store is not always pleasant; however, that does not reflect the company itself.

I have been working at Publix part-time

Pros

The customers are usually very friendly and you will have great days at work! The pay is not bad but definitely be prepared to work.

Cons

There is a lot of work that goes into your position, which is far from being a bad thing! Thing is, the pay rate could be increased for the amount of work. The bonuses are a great incentive but the overall pay is lagging.

More organization for the frontend, more clearly defined roles.

1365 Other Employee Reviews for Publix (View Most Recent)

managers are two faceded

Current Employee - Customer Service in Calera, AL
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Calera, AL

I have been working at Publix part-time (more than an year)

Pros

great place to work customers are pleasant and happy to see you again and again, babies look for you in your departments as well.

Cons

so managers think they are the only ones their working, they smile in your face and stab you in the back when they pass you

do your title MANAGE

I miss working there!

Former Employee - Compensation Analyst in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Compensation Analyst in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Publix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is only in regards to working at their corporate headquarters in Lakeland Florida:
    I loved working there and miss it dearly. It is a financially sound company so I had job security. I worked in a small sub-department within HR. It was like family. The company conducts semi annual evaluations and pay is based upon work performance. They have a clear and posted pay scale. I was valued as an employee. If I were to ever move back to that area I will want to work at corporate again, in any capacity.

Cons

No cons regarding their corporate office in Lakeland.
    (I did however move out of the area/state and to keep my benefits I took a job as a cashier at one of their stores and completely hated it. It was the worst job I've ever had. The store had incompetent management and morale was in the toilet.)

No cons for Publix corporate.

There are newer employer reviews for Publix