Publix

www.publix.com
  www.publix.com
There are newer employer reviews for Publix

The energy in my store is not always pleasant; however, that does not reflect the company itself.

I have been working at Publix part-time

Pros

The customers are usually very friendly and you will have great days at work! The pay is not bad but definitely be prepared to work.

Cons

There is a lot of work that goes into your position, which is far from being a bad thing! Thing is, the pay rate could be increased for the amount of work. The bonuses are a great incentive but the overall pay is lagging.

More organization for the frontend, more clearly defined roles.

1326 Other Employee Reviews for Publix (View Most Recent)

Run away, don't work for them

Current Employee - Deli Manager
    Current Employee - Deli Manager

I have been working at Publix as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

While you are hourly you can get good shifts and they don't want to pay you overtime so you only work 40 hours max. Good for home life. They require everyone to start from the bottom as a clerk and then you can work your way up. The stores are new and clean. There is always plenty of work to do

Cons

Work management too many hours 60-70 a week. The more hours you work (they require you to work more than scheduled) the less money you make per hour. They say they do this to discourage too many hours but your boss WILL NOT LET YOU LEAVE so you will making roughly $2/hr by the end of the week. Working for Publix was the worst decision of my life

Treat associates like people, pay a living wage.... Shouldn't be that hard. On the other hand, y'all can't do a worse job. So it's only up from here.

Terrible

Former Employee - Part Time Stock Clerk in Davie, FL
    Former Employee - Part Time Stock Clerk in Davie, FL

I worked at Publix part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, but only see it if your a FT employee and have to keep reminding management to see any type of benefits.

Cons

If your a male, they treat you like a slave. Cursed at by management. Management are huge hyprocrites and my first day when I transfered they just expected me to know everything about the store. Constantly changed schedule without notifying anybody. Was not fair to the students that worked there.

Take some classes on how to manage a store/team. Treat your employees as equals and do not show favoritism.

There are newer employer reviews for Publix