Publix

Retirement

Current Employee - Management in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Management in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Publix

Pros

Retirement benefits used to be fair and unbasised. Stock was basied on us not the DOW. I have made a good living working with Publix. The customers are great. I enjoy my job for the most part.

Cons

Retirement benefits are being manipulated, senior management doesn't have a clue. I fear that the changes in our upper leadership has changed to the point that we are in a downhill slide and senior management can't or choose not to stop it. I used to bleed Publix, now I fear my future with the company and my ability to retire comfortably is going away.

Retirement benefits (stock) should be based on company performance, not excuse driven. Each time we read the company performance statement and we've done well, their is an excuse as to why the price of company stock doesn't reflect it.

1365 Other Employee Reviews for Publix (View Most Recent)

Publix is great...most of the time

Current Employee - Customer Service Staff in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Staff in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Publix

Pros

As a full time associate, I get more benefits than I did working for Wachovia Bank. I am the "experienced" closing office staff, so I get perks when it comes to my schedule. They are accommodating when it comes to needing time off, and getting vacation does not require much, as far as time. In the 5 years I've been there, I have a nice 401k built, better than anyone else my age (20 years old.)

Cons

They have almost eliminated the back office position, which is less secure in my opinion. In the effort to save the company money, hours have been cut back significantly, which affects the morale of associates. Some managers feel they are better than everyone else, and will make you feel stupid in front of customers.

Back up the office staff when it comes to returns or check cashing. Having banking experience, I know what to look for, and do not like when management goes and approves a check I turned down. Although the feeling I get when it gets returned from the bank makes it better. Listen to your associates, and try not to show so much favoritism.

MY PUBLIX

Current Employee - HBC/GRS in Largo, FL
    Current Employee - HBC/GRS in Largo, FL

I have been working at Publix

Pros

i came from Albertson's due to the buy out. i'll have to admit i was pretty scared of the change but the people and management i met at MY PUBLIX have been great to me so far. As a single parent they have worked with me to allow me to be there for my family and still provide for them. I love the hidden benefits such as the bonuses everyone gets for each inventory and the end of year bonus. i love how we are kept informed of our benefits with paid meetings and how we are so involved with the community. the people i work with and the customers i help all make me love going to work. the raises are nice too.

Cons

nothing really bad to say, just a couple like shrink and lost prevention i really wish there was a way to stop the return scams and the high volume of theft.

keep doing what your doing and don't stray off that path. the competition can't touch us in benefits, customer service and pride...

There are newer employer reviews for Publix