www.publix.com

Be ready to work!

Current Employee - Seafood Specialist in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Seafood Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Publix

Pros

If you work hard at Publix you will advance. However, you must perform at a high level over time, like a year and a half. The environment constantly changes so be prepared to adjust. Every quarter, if you are full time, you will get a bonus. Publix also has increased vacation time to two weeks. Good Luck!

Cons

Publix is constantly looking to save money so you might find your hours cut, or having to improvise due to lack of resources. You also will never have a consistent schedule, but that is retail for you.

If you want to promote a family environment allow employees to have a set schedule. Also lower the prices a bit. Sometimes the frozen products are more expensive than the fresh items.

1461 Other Employee Reviews for Publix (View Most Recent)

Not the best place to work...

Former Employee - Bagger for Three Months Then Cashier for Two Years in Spring Hill, FL

I worked at Publix

Pros

you get a good amount of hours-i was in high school and on two varsity sports teams while working there and still received a good 20+ hours per week.

Cons

They expect you to have a huge grin (not exaggerating) on your face while bringing in grocery carts in 90+ weather.

Very picky about bathroom cleanup.

I once had to call out because I was in the hospital and I was yelled at and hung up on. I spent the next hour crying.

I was once screamed at by a manager because a can of tuna wasn't pulled up-I wasn't even the one who was supposed to be leveling that night-I was on a register until closing.

Be appreciative of the hard work that people do.

Current Employee - Grocery Associate in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Grocery Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Publix

Pros

Very supportive management. They want you not only to succeed but to make a career of Publix weather in the stores or corporate.

Cons

Publix is a career not a job regaurdless of possition. They expect the job to be your main priority and family life can sometimes take a back seat.

Management is very supportive and willing to assist to make employees better. I would like to see more accountability for some of the staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Publix