Publix
3.7 of 5 1,081 reviews
www.publix.com Lakeland, FL 5000+ Employees

Be ready to work!

Seafood Specialist (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

ProsIf you work hard at Publix you will advance. However, you must perform at a high level over time, like a year and a half. The environment constantly changes so be prepared to adjust. Every quarter, if you are full time, you will get a bonus. Publix also has increased vacation time to two weeks. Good Luck!

ConsPublix is constantly looking to save money so you might find your hours cut, or having to improvise due to lack of resources. You also will never have a consistent schedule, but that is retail for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to promote a family environment allow employees to have a set schedule. Also lower the prices a bit. Sometimes the frozen products are more expensive than the fresh items.

Not the best place to work...

Bagger for Three Months Then Cashier for Two Years (Former Employee)
    Spring Hill, FL

I worked at Publix

Pros: you get a good amount of hours-i was in high school and on two… Cons: They expect you to have a huge grin (not exaggerating) on your face while bringing in grocery carts in 90+ weather. Very picky about bathroom cleanup. I… Advice to Senior Management: Be appreciative of the hard work that people do. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Publix

Grocery Associate (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

I have been working at Publix

Pros: Very supportive management. They want you not only to succeed but… Cons: Publix is a career not a job regaurdless of possition. They expect the job… Advice to Senior Management: Management is very supportive and willing to assist to make employees better.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Publix.

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Publix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Publix CEO Ed Crenshaw. All reviews posted anonymously by Publix employees.