Publix
3.7 of 5 1,082 reviews
www.publix.com Lakeland, FL 5000+ Employees

Not the best place to work...

Bagger for Three Months Then Cashier for Two Years (Former Employee)
Spring Hill, FL

Prosyou get a good amount of hours-i was in high school and on two varsity sports teams while working there and still received a good 20+ hours per week.

ConsThey expect you to have a huge grin (not exaggerating) on your face while bringing in grocery carts in 90+ weather.

Very picky about bathroom cleanup.

I once had to call out because I was in the hospital and I was yelled at and hung up on. I spent the next hour crying.

I was once screamed at by a manager because a can of tuna wasn't pulled up-I wasn't even the one who was supposed to be leveling that night-I was on a register until closing.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe appreciative of the hard work that people do.

publix isnt all its cracked up to be

Tuscaloosa, AL

I have been working at Publix

Pros: decent benefits are available, but health insurance is rather pricey--$450/wk for family coverage. the stock plan is very good: they give… Cons: there is a HUGE discrepency between management pay/bonuses and non-management pay/bonuses. managers receive minimal training on effective management techniques.… Advice to Senior Management: please try to narrow the huge gap between management and non-management salary/bonuses/benefits. coach your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work.

Venice, FL

I have been working at Publix

Pros: Good benefits for the retail industry. Limitless opportunities. Great experience. Flexible hours. Quarterly bonuses. Open… Cons: May have to work long shifts. May have to deal with… Advice to Senior Management: Always listen to your associates and take care of them, and they will in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Publix.

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Publix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Publix CEO Ed Crenshaw. All reviews posted anonymously by Publix employees.