Puget Sound Energy

www.pse.com
  www.pse.com
There are newer employer reviews for Puget Sound Energy

Made a career here, made the right choice.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Puget Sound Energy full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Decent pay
Team environment
Great benefits
Great work life balance
Upward movement for non degrees possible
Recognition usually goes to those who deserve it
Exciting new business endeavors
Great, not just good, corporate citizen

Cons

Individual contributors and supervisors often outperform their managers
Too many extreme business endeavors going on at once
Difficult HR dept

Keep treating us right and I promise we will deliver.

86 Other Employee Reviews for Puget Sound Energy (View Most Recent)

No Room for Growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Puget Sound Energy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

PSE had wonderful benefits at one time, but now they are more concerned with the money being spent instead of the welfare of the employee. The investors and upper management are greedy and unrealistic.

Cons

Too much work, not enough employees. No room for growth. You can grow old at PSE, waiting for recognition of hard work and dedication that will never come. Just keep doing the work and don't expect any recognition or compensation, even if you do exceed expectations, or you'll be demoted or even terminated. If I wanted a dead end job I'd go work at McDonald's.

The lowest paid people do the majority of the work, while management sits around and tries to find more ways to slim down their budgets. Stop worrying about your budget and start worrying about retaining the employees that work hard and deserve credit for it.

sadly, going downhill very quickly

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Puget Sound Energy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

PSE has very good benefits, including generous medical & dental coverage, 401K match and a retirement program. Work-life balance for the most part is very good. PSE is a leader in green energy and most employees are very dedicated.

Cons

When I started with PSE, I absolutely loved the culture. It was very warm and collaborative - sort of family like. Unfortunately, over the past several years things have been getting progressively worse and very "corporate". Since becoming a private company again, it's been all about the bottom line. Many departments and functions have been restructured - some multiple times - often without a clear plan, leading to mixed results and unhappy employees. Under Kimberly, there has been a lot of positive talk; however the actions of the management don't always live up to the words. Morale, which hasn't really been very good for a while, has really taken a hit this year due in part to layoffs and continued fear of layoffs largely as a result of some very poorly managed high profile projects. Many loyal and long serving employees have left and are continuing to leave before there jobs or cut or are outsourced. The immediate outlook is not very positive at all.

If you value, career progression, job satisfaction and job security, my advice would be to avoid PSE at least right now. Maybe in a couple of years it will be better? I hope so, but I wouldn't count on it.

Senior leadership should be held accountable for poor business decisions regarding planning and execution of large scale projects and poorly handled restructures rather than having the hammer fall on employees. It's hard to run a successful company if your employees keep walking.

There are newer employer reviews for Puget Sound Energy