Experienced home builder

Former Employee - Field Manager  in  Kapolei, HI
Former Employee - Field Manager in Kapolei, HI

I worked at Pulte Homes

Pros

Large home builder of quality homes

Cons

We were not part of the merger of Pulte and Centex.

Other Reviews for Pulte Homes

Good Ole' boy network and IT was VERY immature

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Pulte Homes

Pros

medical benefits were good and some of the worker bees were good people. It was a laid back culture most of the time.

Cons

if you don't play along you go nowhere fast. I worked constant weekends and long hours only to have it turned against me as soon as things started going bad in the market. The funny thing is management would go on and on about 50 straight years of profit up until the crash. As soon as that happened it was no more bonus, no growth, and not even a Christmas party! It was shut up and work.

listen to the people you hire and get behind them with support; not just empty words/promises. Stop with the fake culture.

This is a fun job with great opportunity to earn a good income.

Current Employee - Sales Professional  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Professional in Denver, CO

I have been working at Pulte Homes

Pros

Offers an excellent opportunity to make a great living. The benefits package is second to none. Management is engaged, listens and offers good training. We have lots of fun!

Cons

Company can't seem to get out of its own way sometimes. These are tough times in the homebuilding business so be prepared for uncertainty. Weekend hours are a drag if you have a family.

We need to focus more on what the market wants and less on what we think they want and our sales and margins will improve. Purchasing seems to dictate to the customer rather than the other way around.

There are newer employer reviews for Pulte Homes.

Worked for Pulte Homes? Contribute to the Community!