Pulte Homes

Good place to work.

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Scottsdale, AZ
Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Pulte Homes

Pros

Interaction with management and opportunities to grow professionally are plentiful.

Cons

Promotions and career advancement are limited.

Great company, promote.

160 Other Employee Reviews for Pulte Homes (View Most Recent)

Great place to start a sales career if you don't mind working weekends.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Pulte Homes

Pros

It was a perfect way to start off my career in sales. The pay and commission structure is good and so are the benefits.

Cons

You will have to work every single weekend. I also always felt guilty taking time off. You can never feel good about taking vacation and they don't even spell out how much vacation time you have because you are technically a commissioned employee even though they pay you a decent draw around $50,000 a year. There will also be a lot of mandatory after work activities, call nights, and you will have to come in for meetings on your days off. Sales meetings are always held at the corporate office which can be more than an hour from your actual community.

Let people feel good about taking time off and give them specific parameters as to your exact number of days off.

Don't look to Pulte Homes as a move up opportunity.

Former Employee - Customer Relations Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Relations Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Pulte Homes

Pros

Great people in the field. Fun work environment before the housing bubble burst. Tremendous in-house training opportunities. One of the best benefit packages I've ever had.

Cons

Not a fun work environment after the housing bubble burst. Management considered themselves before their employees in the face of adversity. Base salary was not competitive. Management had favorite employees and it showed. Management typically had no field experience prior to holding their positions which caused them to make poor business decisions. Management treated employees like children.

I believe that division, area, and senior levels of management should have field experience in Construction, Warranty, and/or Sales. It helps to understand how the business operates than to make a 'best-guess'.

There are newer employer reviews for Pulte Homes