There are newer employer reviews for Pulte Homes

I like it but it just doesn't pay enough

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield Hills, MI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield Hills, MI

I have been working at Pulte Homes

Pros

There are many opportunities for suggestions and input. There are opportunities for promotion. Management does listen to you. Everyone is very nice and helpful, great culture.

Cons

They are big on continuous improvement but the process sometimes gets in the way of the solution. The opportunities are left for being selected by senior management and not open to everyone equally. The culture is not consistent through out the organization.

The company has great core values but are not being followed through out the company but besides that I like how the company is being lead and the communication from upper management.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good place to work.

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Pulte Homes

Pros

Interaction with management and opportunities to grow professionally are plentiful.

Cons

Promotions and career advancement are limited.

Great company, promote.

2. Great place to start a sales career if you don't mind working weekends.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Pulte Homes

Pros

It was a perfect way to start off my career in sales. The pay and commission structure is good and so are the benefits.

Cons

You will have to work every single weekend. I also always felt guilty taking time off. You can never feel good about taking vacation and they don't even spell out how much vacation time you have because you are technically a commissioned employee even though they pay you a decent draw around $50,000 a year. There will also be a lot of mandatory after work activities, call nights, and you will have to come in for meetings on your days off. Sales meetings are always held at the corporate office which can be more than an hour from your actual community.

Let people feel good about taking time off and give them specific parameters as to your exact number of days off.

There are newer employer reviews for Pulte Homes