Loved interning here

Former Intern - Information Technology Intern in Cranbury, NJ
Former Intern - Information Technology Intern in Cranbury, NJ

I worked at Purdue Pharma as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed working for Purdue for their IT department for my summer 2011 internship. Everybody was incredibly friendly, and i made some good friends that i still keep in touch with. I learned so much, and had many opportunities to show the skills i have and expand on those that i am learning. After that experience, for every interview i have had afterwards, i use the workplace at Purdue as a model for what I look for in a company.

Cons

No cons in the department where i worked?

Advice to Management

Please hire me when I graduate in May 2013

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Has lost all perspective

I worked at Purdue Pharma

Pros

The philosophy of this company used to be very simple. The salesforce is the life blood of the company and the focus is on the patient. Revenue will be derived through strong working relationships, integrity and proper promotion. When it was this simple sales were strong and the future was unlimited. There is still a core group of people who believe this and who can help bring Purdue back to its previous glory. The fact remains that Purdue at its best is the greatest company to work for on the planet.

Cons

Over the years it was decided that upper management knew everything and no one else should have a say. Poor new product selection, zero communication and an overwhelming reliance on consultants versus their own people have put them on a downward spiral. It has become that the home office is its own entity now and it is not happy with the field, which is also its own entity.

Advice to Management

Retire. It's time to let new blood flow into upper management. When no one can remember the last time that an executive has ridden in the field to stay in touch with current conditions, it's time to make some changes. If you decide to stay, just listen to the field. Make open doors truly open, not a doorway to a pink slip. It's not too late.

2. WORST PHARMA JOB EVER

I have been working at Purdue Pharma full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The training department is good that is only thing I can think of!!

Cons

Micro-managing at it's best. Managent is horrible, they have no clue how to treat reps. There is no respect for sales reps. They say they are a sales company, but they are not. If you like being a puppet this is your place to work.

Advice to Management

Clean house with DMs and RDs and start over.