Purdue University Calumet

www.purduecal.edu

Great place to work, near Chicago, plenty of parking, good benefits.

Visiting Assistant Professor (Current Employee) Hammond, IN

ProsCollegial community that truly values cultural diversity. Provides low-cost parking in a relatively new, brightly-lit garage, as well as large surface lots. Great technology. Close to Chicago and Lake Michigan. Encourages tenure-track and tenured faculty research, as well as undergraduate student research. Requires all undergraduates to complete two service learning courses.

ConsNot many good places to eat nearby, and the surrounding community is a bit depressed. Due to statewide budget cuts for Indiana state colleges, they have had to deal with budget cuts. Pay is a bit low compared to other universities where I interviewed. Relies too heavily on adjunct faculty.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage student recruitment and retention by hiring more tenure-track faculty. The pressure to teach well and to publish well leads to excellence, which makes the university more appealing.

Good People

Instructor (Current Employee) Hammond, IN

I have been working at Purdue University Calumet part-time for more than a year

Pros: New teacher support. Newer facilities Program flexibility Cons: Not a very diverse student population Advice to Senior Management: Market the ELP program to a wider range of student… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Graduate Aide

Graduate Aid (Current Employee) Hammond, IN

I have been working at Purdue University Calumet part-time for less than a year

Pros: 1.Tuition & Fee Waiver. 2.Oppurtunity to conduct research with your supervisor. 3.Free Access to copyrighted softwares which might be… Cons: 1.Too much grading to do. 2.Intense schedule. 3.Extra work when you are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Purdue University Calumet.

Worked for Purdue University Calumet? Contribute to the Community!