Purdue University

Enrich my life

Current Employee - Research Assistant in West Lafayette, IN
Current Employee - Research Assistant in West Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Purdue University

Pros

Strong research recourse. The university offers a generous Tuition Fee Remission for the employees and their spouses and children. have enough time to spend with family. Free for the facilities in Purdue’s Recreational Sports Center.

Cons

University charges high tuition and increase by years. The policy to international students is strict. Poor career service and poor housing.

Spend money on what students and faculties really need. Take more care of international students who really work hard day and night.

505 Other Employee Reviews for Purdue University (View Most Recent)

It was a good experience worked as Graduate Assistant in Purdue.

Former Employee - Graduate Assistant in West Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Graduate Assistant in West Lafayette, IN

I worked at Purdue University

Pros

Wage was good. People are nice.

Cons

They recruit a lot of international students, and charge much hight tuition. However, they provide limited scholarship and assistantship opportunities to international students. Poor career service.

It was hard work, but it was a rewarding summer job that I would definitely do again.

Former Employee - Forestry Department Field Maintenance in West Lafayette, IN
    Former Employee - Forestry Department Field Maintenance in West Lafayette, IN

I worked at Purdue University

Pros

Great compensation, good people to work with, and a friendly environment.
    This was an outdoors job over the summer that provided me with different tasks each day, so the job never became boring. In addition, I was able to learn how to operate machinery like tractors, chainsaws, and forklifts, and I doubt that I would have learned these on my own outside of the job. It is pretty relaxed as far as taking breaks go, since it does get extremely hot in the summer.

Cons

It was definitely hard work. 8-5 every day of manual labor outside, and there is a lot to learn for those like myself who are not experienced in using heavy machinery (tractors, chainsaws, etc...)

Possibly give an option for a half hour lunch, as the hour break is not preferable. Aside from that, there are no complaints.

There are newer employer reviews for Purdue University