Pure Storage

Openness and Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Open vacation policy (and they mean it.. PTO is fine, they treat you like an adult to police yourself)
- Great benefits (healthcare premiums paid for), HSA and FSA, cell phone reimbursement, 401k (no matching yet), commuter allowance
- Excellent culture. No egos, lots of openness in the way management shares information.. truly a culture of trust (again, treat people like adults and give them high expectations and likely they'll meet it... too few companies are like this!)
- Open pantry, drinks and snacks (Mountain View office at least)
- Fun people, good energy, highly receptive management (Scott, Coz, etc.) and *no* micro-management!!
- Positive outlook on the future, with good humor against our competition

Cons

Not unique to Silicon Valley, the office is geared towards a lot of fun distractions - pinball machines, scooters to get around, but that's not unique to the Valley so even distracting, it helps recruit the kids and that's a good thing .. those of us more experienced can just focus differently so I won't even call it a con.

Protect the culture and core values of the company at all costs.. hard times will come along with good times, but it's the hard times that are going to really challenge things and push change.

In general though, I can't offer any great advice because the management team is too awesome... keep doing what you're doing!

41 Other Employee Reviews for Pure Storage (View Most Recent)

The best people, management, and technology in the industry!

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A great opportunity for the best of the best to be part of the next great storage company. A very supportive team that is interested in the success of everyone. Fast-paced environment, results-driven management philosophy, and the best product I have ever seen.

Cons

No cons. If there was any negative, it would be that it takes the right type of person to thrive here. Internally motivated, resourceful and creative are key.

Keep up the awesomeness! Our customers love us.

Fun, Rewarding, and Fast-paced

Current Employee - Systems Engineer (Sales) in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer (Sales) in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people and culture are the absolute best that I've been exposed to in my career. The technology delivers an obvious value, and is supported by an organization unlike any I've ever worked for. My first exposure to the company was spending some time with the CEO and he actually offered up some career advice and suggestions for other organizations if I decided that Pure wasn't for me. This is the single most dedicated and honest leadership team in the business today period. To say that they care about their employees is a huge understatement. Companies live and die by leadership alone, regardless of their products, and Pure Storage obviously has the best of both.

Cons

The fast paced business of a small post start-up company is not for everyone. There are some procedural tasks that are in development, so relying on your own creativity to accomplish tasks is sometimes a requirement. Things also change very rapidly, and you could have 10 new neighbors next week. If you do not like meeting new people on a regular basis, this is probably not the place for you. If you are inspired by working very hard and reaping the rewards, you are a perfect fit.

Keep doing what you are doing!

There are newer employer reviews for Pure Storage