Unprofessional and disturbing workplace

Former Employee - Office Administrator in Oakland, CA
Former Employee - Office Administrator in Oakland, CA

I worked at Purity Cosmetics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office was not in the best part of Oakland, but it was close to Jack London Square. One can go down to the water during lunch and enjoy the nice weather.

Cons

This company has an extremely high turn over rate, probably due to owner being unprofessional and negative. Luckily I did not work with the CEO and top management directly. I've heard and seen many disturbing things in the 8 months I was there. Emotions often ran high with those in charge. Decisions were based solely on short sightedness. Employees were often times lied to and misled by hypocritical owners. The employees that I worked with were generally in good spirit. Their attitudes were positive and everyone worked hard as a team. However, I saw the drive and dedication of these employees dwindle while nepotism and malfeasance was rampant. So these "loyal" employees left one by one, revolving door. Employer wants you to believe their revolving door of new hires is a good thing, but it only hurts the company. Structure is almost non-existent.

Advice to Management

1) Improve leadership - short/long term goals change so often, one has no clear idea of where the company is going 2) Create structure - a company cannot be just like a "family." To function, it has to have structure and order 3) Hire more people - too much work with too little pay 4) Improve training - revolving door of employees does not allow for any kind of training

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

People of excellence

Current Employee - Chief Motivational Officer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Chief Motivational Officer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Purity Cosmetics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone here is so motivated and wonderful to work with. They truly care about the company and its success. If you have an idea and it's a good one, you are able to run with it. Ample opportunity.

Cons

Turnover can be high because negative ppl, or those with attitudes get cut fast. Stay positive always.

Advice to Management

Please grow faster, there is so much opportunity and customers love us and support us.

Dream Job

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Purity Cosmetics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The above negative comments are NOT from a a current employee and it saddens me to read that somebody is posing as one. I'm a current lead of the Brand Ambassador team. I can honestly say I l love my job and I love this company. I have never worked for such honest, kind, and appreciative CEO's. I have worked for this company for 9 months and have had promotions and raises. Hard work and dedication is always recognized! During my employment I worked with several other people who were extremely negative, would make up story's and try to bring others down. These people no longer work here. The growth potential here at Purity cosmetics is amazing, my team and I are given the power to build are own department and create are own procedures. We meet with our CEO's weekly as a team so the communication is always there. As for the dogs, they are all very sweet and loving. They do tend to be a little weary of new people, they are all rescues who have unfortunately came victim to animal cruelty. I love the fact that our CEO's care so much about animals that they saved these beautiful dogs. In addition they also care for the stray cats who live on the property by getting then all spayed and provide food and even shelter for them all. The work environment is healthy and and better then ever, it really is like a family and we are all very happy to finally have the perfect team on board!

Cons

In the past the company did tend to be a little to trusting, which resulted to hiring some bad apples. Since, we have all come together to create a new hiring system and requirement's that seem to be working out perfectly!