Purity Cosmetics

Not my cup of tea.

Former Employee - Designer in Oakland, CA
Former Employee - Designer in Oakland, CA

I worked at Purity Cosmetics

Pros

There's lots of potential as a designer for this company. I was told upscale and Saks 5th Ave. Sky's the limit creatively.

Cons

But when it came down to it, the creative director/owner wanted tiny flowers everywhere, brush script writing, and cartoon mermaids. We had a verbal agreement for payment for the initial contract, after working three days and knowing it was no my cup of tea, I sent a professional email stating my resignation. However, I was never paid for my three days, but I did leave all my working files in their system for the next designer to work from.

Pay employees, contractors, even if they worked for you for a few days. It's the professional thing to do.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Purity Cosmetics (View Most Recent)

Purity Cosmetics is a wonderful place to work at.

Current Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Purity Cosmetics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great positive vibe, great culture, beautiful genuine people, beautiful work environment, cute dogs running around in the office, good chemistry between coworkers, inspiring leadership, room for growth and advancement, you learn a lot everyday. Company parties, monthly birthday celebrations, Celebrations when we hit goals. Very Organized and structured. Weekly meetings with management just proves we are on top of it. Management really cares about employees, goes out of their way to keep us happy :) where else can you come to work with donuts/pastries every Monday morning, fresh coffee everyday, and even a popcorn machine???

Cons

i can't recall any cons..

Keep doing what you're doing! It's definitely making a great improvement everyday.

Purity Cosmetics Response

Nov 24, 2014CEO

Thank you for the kind review! There must be some things we can improve on! I want to make this a place all employees will be proud of when they say 'I work for 100% Pure'.

Disappointing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Purity Cosmetics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Just like the fake review before this one, "I can't recall any pros''

Cons

Unhappy employees and high turnover rate. We are constantly firing and hiring,or people just get fed up and leave. Employees are always doing each other dirty and there is too much favoritism going on which feels like discrimination. Management favoritism greatly contributes to the deterioration around here. If you are not close to a department manager, expect to be treated unfairly. I'm actively searching for other opportunities.

All the positive reviews were encouraged by senior management.

Purity Cosmetics Response

Dec 19, 2014CEO

I'm so sorry about your current experience at the company. Our turnover rate has stabilized over the years and is under 5% for this year (2014) at HQ and nearly all of that turnover was from a ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Purity Cosmetics