Not my cup of tea.

Former Employee - Designer in Oakland, CA
Former Employee - Designer in Oakland, CA

I worked at Purity Cosmetics

Pros

There's lots of potential as a designer for this company. I was told upscale and Saks 5th Ave. Sky's the limit creatively.

Cons

But when it came down to it, the creative director/owner wanted tiny flowers everywhere, brush script writing, and cartoon mermaids. We had a verbal agreement for payment for the initial contract, after working three days and knowing it was no my cup of tea, I sent a professional email stating my resignation. However, I was never paid for my three days, but I did leave all my working files in their system for the next designer to work from.

Advice to Management

Pay employees, contractors, even if they worked for you for a few days. It's the professional thing to do.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Optimistic Growth

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Purity Cosmetics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work at 100% Pure. Great products, great company, environmentally proactive, personal products and cosmetics that improve your skin's health every time you use them. It has to do with attitude, patience, optimism and a good work ethic. If you have a positive attitude and you share the vision of the company, then you will have a great career and the work ethic necessary to help the company succeed, therefore succeeding yourself. 100% Pure is a fast growing company with growing pains. If you want to be part of growing and helping shape the success with your hard work, visions and ideas, and leadership skills then you will love it.

Cons

If you don't have a good work ethic, are not willing to be an initiator, visionary, and don't love the products or the opportunity to manage the direction of your future with an outstanding opportunity, then this is not the company for you.

Advice to Management

Keep the open door dialogue, keep going with your gut feelings while continuing to listen to both your loyal customers, and devoted hard working employees. Hopefully with time and more resources at my store that is positive, I can contribute the many ideas that I have used working the the business so long as well as my own company. Maybe in the future we can do video chat conference calls with the founders included on a quarterly basis to feel more a part of the company. This will especially be important as you expand....I mean we expand lol.

Company has lost potential

I have been working at Purity Cosmetics part-time

Pros

This company started out great but no longer has the potential to be a place I want to stay long term. Pay is decent and competitive! Our 50% discount was reinstated after an unfair removal of it due to "people's" uneducated opinion of it being "to generous."

Cons

I've been here for awhile. This company was great when it started out and the CEOs really cared about the brand and the teams. However the brand is no longer fun, competitive, creative, nor do they care about their teams. Unprofessionalism: this is running rampant lately. I can't even give advice, questions, concerns, or suggestions anymore because CERTAIN people tell me it's "not my place to give suggestions" and the way things are going only by how they feel. Also, the attempt at getting rid of the perfectly necessary 50% discount all because they felt it was to generous is outrageous and shows that some people have no business running a beauty company ...this isn't juicy couture. Another thing that I found uncomfortable was that my team was spied on constantly on the cameras and Called up and told very petty things like "why are you leaning?", "why are you using the bathroom so much?", etc. The above is very unprofessional and rude...especially considering that they have no business doing so since cameras are installed for theft ...not to spy and micromanage and make everyone feel uncomfortable ...if that's the case we should get cameras in certain peoples office to tell them to not lean on their desk.

Advice to Management

Ric, your company had a lot of potential and made me happy to come to work. Now I feel those days are gone and you have "people" running your company who don't know what they are doing and are way over the top considering this company once stood for something far different than what they are imposing.