There are newer employer reviews for Purity Cosmetics

Not my cup of tea.

Former Employee - Designer in Oakland, CA
Former Employee - Designer in Oakland, CA

I worked at Purity Cosmetics

Pros

There's lots of potential as a designer for this company. I was told upscale and Saks 5th Ave. Sky's the limit creatively.

Cons

But when it came down to it, the creative director/owner wanted tiny flowers everywhere, brush script writing, and cartoon mermaids. We had a verbal agreement for payment for the initial contract, after working three days and knowing it was no my cup of tea, I sent a professional email stating my resignation. However, I was never paid for my three days, but I did leave all my working files in their system for the next designer to work from.

Pay employees, contractors, even if they worked for you for a few days. It's the professional thing to do.

reviews filtered by

Listen to the Employees Suggestions

I have been working at Purity Cosmetics part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Management is great. My Store Manager is amazing and has everything in order to create a great flow in the store. She takes our suggestions into consideration and makes us feel important.

Cons

Playlist does not fit the environment we are trying to set. It should create an uplifting and comfortable environment. It does not take into consideration the customers and what they would want to hear while shopping. I have gotten multiple complaints and questions and as to why we play the music that we do and I couldn't give them a direct answer. I can say that as an employee I want to listen to uplifting music that puts everyone in a good mood.

As for the gift sets, they also do not take customers into consideration. They are always preset and never let the customers choose what THEY want. The weekly specials have been requested back from the customers or a make your own gift set (Ex: A scrub, lotion and wash for 35$) The fact that we do not have these anymore, I believe have made us lose sale opportunities because customers become upset we no longer carry any deals besides pre made gift sets.

LISTEN and TAKE employee feedback into CONSIDERATION when creating these gift sets and promotions.

Create a better uplifting environment for customers and employees by thinking what kind of music WE would want to listen to.

No potential for career growth

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in San Jose, CA

I worked at Purity Cosmetics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Employee discount and amazing product

Cons

Like one of the other reviewers called it, "Looney Ownership", is the best way to describe this place. Employees are treated poorly and talked down to like children. This place lacks professionalism and compassion. The employees are unhappy and lack energy, zero positive vibes in the atmosphere. For the most part, the employees were friendly and easy to get along with. I think we bonded more because of the emotional abuse we felt from upper management. At least, a few times a week, there was an employee sobbing saying that they’ve had enough of this place. During the time I’ve worked at HQ, there were at most 50 employees, about 20 people left due to being fired or resigning. I’ve seen about 15 new people hired. Most people don’t last a year.

They low ball you with a lower pay than your previous job, just goes to show that the ownership is unappreciative of the employees. Cheap labor over rode hiring those with experience. Part of my role was to interview candidates for the Brand Ambassador position. I sought out people friendly with prior customer service experience. When it came time to discuss pay with management, they went with hiring the person with least experience because they asked for a lower hourly rate than the others. I wanted to hire the candidate with more experience who happened to ask for a higher pay rate (trust me, it was a fair asking), management argued that the candidate was greedy, and they they didn't want somebody like that working for them.

Ownership and management aren't understanding and aren't the warmest of people, obviously not the greatest representatives of the product. I’ll admit it, I love the products, however, my family, friends, and myself refuse to use it ever again, as we won't support a company run by money hungry/evil folks. The reason I stayed with the company for 7 months was because I believed in the product, but would come home bitter toward my job, affecting my personal relationship due to distress. My friends and family helped me realize that this job was destructive to my well being and that it was time to go. When I think of 100% Pure, the first thing that comes to mind is the looney ownership, not the product, and it truly is a bummer.

Appreciate people's value and share the wealth with employee. Invest in people, not just in yourselves.

There are newer employer reviews for Purity Cosmetics