Purple Communications

www.purple.us
  www.purple.us
There are newer employer reviews for Purple Communications

Good environment, good pay, questionable management.

Former Employee - Customer Care Technician in Rocklin, CA
Former Employee - Customer Care Technician in Rocklin, CA

I worked at Purple Communications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, good environment. Hard to not fall in love working at Purple.

Cons

Management is hostile to innovation from entry level employees. Severe compartmentalization occurs often between departments. Management often doesn't know what they're doing.

Embrace innovation regardless of where it comes from, allow 20% of employee time to be focused towards development of Purple-related pursuits of the employee's choice. Make a real effort to reduce department compartmentalization.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Purple Communications (View Most Recent)

Employer of Choice

Former Employee - Interpreter in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Interpreter in Oakland, CA

I worked at Purple Communications

Pros

Good salary. Center managers are generally great. Working vacation opportunities. By and large the best interpreters in the business.

Cons

Management does not understand the field. Management tries to run the workforce like they are easily replaceable rather than scarce. You cannot alienate the interpreter population and then replace them new interpreters of equal skill. There just aren't enough interpreters for that.

Interpreters are only valued for what they can do with their hands up in a booth, not for other skills. Little to no chance of advancement for interpreters, unless they also have an MBA, regardless of their other degrees or contributions to the field.

Right now it looks like Purple is getting back on the right track. It looks like they've scaled back a bit and refocused on providing good service with realistic goals in terms of work force and locations. A little respect goes a long way, treat your interpreters like you value them and they'll work hard for you. Don't act like you know more about the field than we do. Take our advice and counsel, we've been here a long time, we know what we're talking about.

No room for professional growth.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Purple Communications

Pros

Good atmosphere, friendly environment. Respectful of personal time/sick days/vacation.

Cons

No annual reviews. No raises. The people making decisions don't take the NEEDS of employees into consideration.

Listen to what employees need, make it easier for us to do our jobs! Respect us for our expertise.

There are newer employer reviews for Purple Communications