There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Great opportunity to build a strong foundation for future career growth!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at PwC

Pros

PwC is a great place to start your career! Challenging assignments, great exposure to different industries and excellent benefits. Management is committed to career development and offers many opportunities to learn formally and informally.

Cons

Long hours (but that's expected). Cyclical season of working makes work / life balance a challenge. Time off can be difficult as it is expected for everyone to stay as connected as possible even while on vacation.

5008 Other Employee Reviews for PwC (View Most Recent)

Tough culture leaves a lot to be desired

Former Employee - Managing Director  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY

I worked at PwC

Pros

Great brand with the ability to open corporate doors. Good investment in training and development. Knowledge management is strongly prompted.

Cons

Partner fiefdoms create a lot of friction in sharing resources. Career success largely depends on which partner you align yourself with.

Seek to understand who the real contributors of value are among the employee ranks and reward them. Avoid performance review process that rewards favoritism and cronyism.

Slow to promote, promises were made and not kept, and performance reviews exhibit favoritism

Current Employee - Senior Associate  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at PwC

Pros

PwC is a great place to start a career in accounting. I have had many opportunities to learn a lot in a short period of time. Most of the people I work with are very smart, and are great in general. The amount of vacation time (22 days) is amazing, if you can find time to take the days off. Of course, the name on a resume is unbeatable.

Cons

The review process is extremely unfair. As someone who had a majority of "exceeds expectations" reviews, I did not see this reflected in my promotion raise or bonus (there was no bonus). I have also seen bad reviews written with no examples provided purely based on favoritism. Similar occurrences happen during annual reviews.

Many promises have been made to me both by HR and managers in terms of the types of clients I would be working with, but after 1.5 years they have not been kept.

To top it off, of the Big 4, PwC is the slowest to promote. It is nearly unheard of to reach senior in 2 years. Making manager in less than three is becoming increasingly difficult as well, while PwC is running into a staff shortage.

Improve the review process, and work harder to hold on to your employees. No one wants to work at a company that only keeps its promises when its employees have a competing offer.

There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!