PwC
3.5 of 5 4,293 reviews
www.pwc.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Good firm, decent salary, long hours, no work-life balance, no benefits, and difficult to scale

Advisory Manager (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at PwC

ProsPwC has a great brand name and good recognition in corporate America. This goes a long way in any client engagement. As a large firm, PwC also has a lot of resources at its disposal which is useful. You work with reasonably intelligent and hard working people, which always makes it easier.

PwC also has some senior leadership who are active in the day-to-day activities of engagements, which is good when they make firm-wide decisions that impact us.

ConsUnlike most consulting firms, PwC does not have an up-or-out structure, which results in a lot of incompetent people who are perfectly happy to stay where they are at. This also means that there is no clear cut path to making Partner should you choose, and a lot more chaff than wheat.

Furthermore, while PwC pays well, their benefits (especially health and retirement plans) are pretty dismal. It is so poor that I am on my wife's healthcare plan as her spouse, which offers me more than PwC's own plan.

As a large firm with audit and tax divisions, PwC also comes with a lot of regulatory and other overhead, which impacts the amount of time you can spend on your actual engagements. Unlike the consulting divisions of other, similar companies (e.g. Deloitte), PwC's consulting analytics are all run by the engagement teams (e.g. expense reports, engagement margins etc). So, this adds additional overhead to already overworked teams.

Advice to Senior Management1. Provide a clear-cut path to the top for those that are interested, intelligent, and willing to do what it takes. Ensure that under-performers are quickly taken care of.
2. Improve employee benefits to line with other consulting firms, especially around healthcare.
3. Reduce the overhead on engagement teams and provide more ancillary support for things like expense management, administrative overhead etc.
4. Be more transparent in the salary structure and career paths for a given line of service.

Tough culture leaves a lot to be desired

Managing Director (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at PwC

Pros: Great brand with the ability to open corporate doors. Good… Cons: Partner fiefdoms create a lot of friction in sharing resources. … Advice to Senior Management: Seek to understand who the real contributors of value are among the employee… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great experience and career advancement

Experienced Associate - Advisory (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at PwC

Pros: Ability to work on a variety of clients and a… Cons: Work/Life balance is very difficult to achieve and overall performance… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on PwC.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PwC CEO Robert Moritz. All reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees.