Slow to promote, promises were made and not kept, and performance reviews exhibit favoritism

Current Employee - Senior Associate  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Senior Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at PwC

Pros

PwC is a great place to start a career in accounting. I have had many opportunities to learn a lot in a short period of time. Most of the people I work with are very smart, and are great in general. The amount of vacation time (22 days) is amazing, if you can find time to take the days off. Of course, the name on a resume is unbeatable.

Cons

The review process is extremely unfair. As someone who had a majority of "exceeds expectations" reviews, I did not see this reflected in my promotion raise or bonus (there was no bonus). I have also seen bad reviews written with no examples provided purely based on favoritism. Similar occurrences happen during annual reviews.

Many promises have been made to me both by HR and managers in terms of the types of clients I would be working with, but after 1.5 years they have not been kept.

To top it off, of the Big 4, PwC is the slowest to promote. It is nearly unheard of to reach senior in 2 years. Making manager in less than three is becoming increasingly difficult as well, while PwC is running into a staff shortage.

Improve the review process, and work harder to hold on to your employees. No one wants to work at a company that only keeps its promises when its employees have a competing offer.

Other Reviews for PwC

Not the best

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Big 4
    Good on resume
    Okay pay
    Decent perks

Cons

Bad feedback programs
    People think they are smart, but they aren't
    Not flexible with engagement options
    Too much politics

Please make the training classes more productive. It is very difficult to do 100 things at the same time. Better feedback programs would be nice too.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Associate  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Work environment and benefits are the at pwc. Post work connections are great! The pay is soso compared to other big 4. Great opportunities come your way when you leave.

Cons

Long hours are always going to be present. Once in a while you have a bad team that doesn't like to talk or a senior that doesn't know much.

Management does a great job at communicating to the rest if the employees.

There are newer employer reviews for PwC.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!