PwC

www.pwc.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Great firm with many resources at your disposal

Current Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at PwC

Pros

The network of professionals at PwC is second to none. There is always someone with tremendous knowledge of any subject just a phone call away.

Cons

Difficult hours are the norm (as with many professional service firms). Sometimes the performance review process is onerous and difficult to get through.

I think it is important to get out ahead of changing economic conditions. When reviews are only conducted once a year (and based on the prior year's performance of the firm), it often seems like the firm is lagging up to 2 years behind current conditions. The job market in my specialty has improved significantly, recruiters are actively looking for candidates, but the PwC raises/bonuses are based on prior year performance that wasn't stellar.

5762 Other Employee Reviews for PwC (View Most Recent)

Great place to learn, but if you're not careful you will burn out

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Continuing education and trainings. Plus it's great to work with a large group of smart and intelligent but young individuals.

Cons

Too much pressure to work ridiculous hours.

Place to get experience not to stay

Current Employee - Experienced Audit Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Experienced Audit Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at PwC

Pros

For me the biggest positive about working at PwC is the networking and the doors that are open to you when you decide to leave the firm.

Cons

The biggest negative for me is the poor stress to compensation ratio. For me this is a very high stress job especially during busy season. Admittedly, for some of my peers, their year slows down in the summer months. However, having a very large client as my main engagement, my year consists of a extemely stressful busy season and an only slightly less stresfful rest of the year.

Understand that your best and brightest will continue to leave if not only salary but also work/life needs are met. I have heard a lot of lip service during firm meetings and market team meetings that this is a priority, but the actual results of such messages are not as robust.

There are newer employer reviews for PwC