Work Hard, Play Hard

Current Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL

Pros

Working with the brightest minds in the business PwC is truly the trend setter in tax services for Asset Management companies Yes we work hard, and alot of overtime, but that is what we signed up for Great benefits Competitive compensation plan

Cons

Long hours Stressful at times Challenging work Big group so people may feel marginalized at times Politics throughout the hierarchy, stay clear of gossip and you will be fine

Advice to Management

Better compensation rewards Kissing up does not mean you are doing a good job Reward performance along with personality, not just personality

Other Employee Reviews for PwC

1. senior data analyst on CIS Implementation projects

Current Employee - Advisory Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Advisory Associate in Atlanta, GA

Pros

There are great oppunitities at PWC

Cons

.The salery review process is long,and complex

Advice to Management

.streamline the salery review process

Great Place to Work. But its still public accounting

Current Employee - Audit Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Audit Associate in New York, NY

Pros

Great brand recognition. Very clear and defined career path. Global organization will give you the ability to work international or move to different locations easily (by easily i mean there is the possibility). Salary is good not great. I work with amazing people. However with such a large firm there are good teams and bad teams. I have personally had great experiences with my teams. Simple put, you will work a ton during busy season, but that is what public accountants do. If you don't want to work, go straight to corporate account. I have found if you work hard and are intelligent, Management (the partners) will look out for you and help you advance your career.

Cons

Like all public accounting jobs the hours suck during busy season (if your unlucky they will also suck in July if you are on a 6/30 year end). Once you have your CPA you will be underpaid, however if make it to manager your income potential skyrockets (when you leave). Over all if your spouse/family is okay with you working an extreme amount of hours during busy season the pros out way the cons.

Advice to Management

The only advice I have is raise the salaries. My experiences have been great with the firm. I think its a great place to start a career and to finish one. The middle portion of your career after you get the CPA until you make partner is a little tough. But the partner job is sweet.