PwC

Work Hard, Play Hard

Current Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Working with the brightest minds in the business
PwC is truly the trend setter in tax services for Asset Management companies
Yes we work hard, and alot of overtime, but that is what we signed up for
Great benefits
Competitive compensation plan

Cons

Long hours
Stressful at times
Challenging work
Big group so people may feel marginalized at times
Politics throughout the hierarchy, stay clear of gossip and you will be fine

Better compensation rewards
Kissing up does not mean you are doing a good job
Reward performance along with personality, not just personality

5772 Other Employee Reviews for PwC (View Most Recent)

Great environment.

Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Great work environment
    Good opportunities inside the company
    Good exposure to the market
    Looks great in the resume
    The company's philosophy is great, lot's of opportunity for social work (the company encourages you to do volunteer work and pay you the hours if you want to work to projects that are sponsored by the company)

Cons

As any big company, sometimes what the CEO wants is not delivered by the mid management, so for example, the company stimulate people to take Friday offs during the summer, but my director "does not like" that policy, so we work of Fridays even when its not needed.

Talented people want to be noticed, want's to innovate, wants to make more. Don't disencourage people by asking them to be a 9 to 6 employee. If they do something different, even if is not totally related to the work, encourage them. Empower people. The "kiss up policy" can ruin everything, be careful.

Great Place to Work. But its still public accounting

Current Employee - Audit Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Audit Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Great brand recognition. Very clear and defined career path. Global organization will give you the ability to work international or move to different locations easily (by easily i mean there is the possibility). Salary is good not great. I work with amazing people. However with such a large firm there are good teams and bad teams. I have personally had great experiences with my teams. Simple put, you will work a ton during busy season, but that is what public accountants do. If you don't want to work, go straight to corporate account. I have found if you work hard and are intelligent, Management (the partners) will look out for you and help you advance your career.

Cons

Like all public accounting jobs the hours suck during busy season (if your unlucky they will also suck in July if you are on a 6/30 year end). Once you have your CPA you will be underpaid, however if make it to manager your income potential skyrockets (when you leave). Over all if your spouse/family is okay with you working an extreme amount of hours during busy season the pros out way the cons.

The only advice I have is raise the salaries. My experiences have been great with the firm. I think its a great place to start a career and to finish one. The middle portion of your career after you get the CPA until you make partner is a little tough. But the partner job is sweet.

There are newer employer reviews for PwC