PwC

www.pwc.com
  www.pwc.com
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

Great place for a first job coming out of school.

Former Employee - Associate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Associate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at PwC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I got to travel around the world on the company's dime.

Cons

I had to work inhumane hours at times and wasn't compensated for it. There were a couple of instances where I worked 24 hours straight. I was never paid overtime and never got a bonus during the time I was there apparently because of the recession even though I made the firm 10 times my salary one year.

Give people more reasons to stay, instead of reasons to leave.

5432 Other Employee Reviews for PwC (View Most Recent)

Best place to work as spartan training grounds and peaceful veteran times

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at PwC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is a firm where organization or rather management shows deep trust in employee capability. You are never micromanaged and are provided with huge amount of freedom to get work done as per your style.Of course there is a code of conduct which we call " PwC values" which you have to abide by. All in all i have seen most people ranting against what their managers do in other firms but at-least mangers at PwC are not free enough to cause you trouble. As starting salary is low and hiring bar is high for the firm , it has always been a challenge to attract new work force , PwC has always been a good training ground for freshers. Once you prove your worth in the firm , you get nice increments and you might easily reach a pay package which could be called best in your class. Once you have done ample learning owing to high exposure received to work variety and execution freedom , you can lead an easy going life as firm generally doesn't pressurize employees to stretch their limits unless they claim willingness to do so.

Cons

work life balance is nowhere to be found for freshers as you are expected to do what a subject matter experts would have delivered.
    sometimes freedom given to employees by managers is seen as apathy to work by people who have joined laterally. If such employees come from a background where micromanagement is norm. Their first impression on managers will be of lazy person but actually it is of case of employee does not have any directions. Such employees end up not getting decent increments and usually move out very quick.

Advice would be to get more in touch of front-line work force , dissatisfaction among teams are generally because of very small things and may vanish by guidance or remarks made by senior management. Sometimes it seems that decision making is left with people unaware of circumstances.

Satisfaction as a place to work

Former Employee - Associate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - Associate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at PwC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The places provides world class atmosphere, opportunity & recognition for work within the Organisation & outside the Organisation. I boosts you & your career with an added advantage all the time you work for PWC

Cons

The field of taxation is such a big that anybody may not have such a potential to understand the same at its expertise. VAT experts, Excise Experts, Customs experts, industrialised experts but not the all rounder. Industry provides an all rounder person.

The people from Industry may be engaged to provide their capability for the improvement. The referral of work should be avoided rather, we need to capture the market like BMR, only on the basis of Talent & approach.

There are newer employer reviews for PwC