Fast Pace, High Learning Curve

Current Employee - Tax Associate in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Tax Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PwC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High-Caliber Co-Workers, non-competitive environment, everyone wants to succeed

Cons

long hours during busy season

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Salary and benefits are just average

Current Employee - Advisory Senior Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Advisory Senior Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at PwC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Diverse group of people to work with -Variety of job opportunities and locations -Everyone seems genuinely willing to help -Training

Cons

-Hard to find where you fit in if you are new -Salary is below or at average, have to fight for more -Health benefits are not the best (based out of NY, I was told by insurance rep that I should have realized before going to urgent care that it was out of network and should have called first..... I live in DC! The closest is 25+miles away in another state) Premiums are high -Work life balance

Advice to Management

The support staff (help hotline, tech staff) are not very helpful at all, often very rude. They do not understand or realized that the information we are asking we do not have access to do at the time of the call. It is very frustrating to deal with the support people when they make you feel like they are doing you a favor by taking the call. Rethink the outsourcing of this function, responses are way too scripted. Referrals are a joke the process can take anywhere from 4+ months and only usually works if it is a manager or higher that has the referral. Hard to referral qualified people that are looking for a job now and we offer them a position that they interviewed for six months ago.

Plenty of opportunities in Advisory, Great people at the firm

Current Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing pay. Absolutely zero complaints in the salary area. Clear career progressions (in consulting; can't speak to the other lines of business (e.g., Tax, Audit, etc.) ) Work with wonderful people, especially due to the acquisition of many smaller consulting firms (Diamond Consultants, PRTM, etc.) which bring that "small company" feel to a large organization.

Cons

Internal services such as benefits hotlines, tech help and time & expense reporting are cumbersome and time consuming. As a consultant, there are always cons from being on the road and dealing with difficult clients, but PwC provides a great number of resources to help deal with this

Advice to Management

Improve internal sites and systems (e.g., benefits hot lines, requesting technical help, time & expense reporting) to help workers to be more productive. Also, Lotus Notes is a terrible email platform, and while it may be necessary for databases, the company needs to move to Outlook as Notes simply runs havoc on your computer; when working in high pressure, short deadline, consulting environments, this is a very sub-optimal tool. Finally, updating infrastructure (e.g., the Lenovo ThinkPads we use) and the software for all employees, as well as incorporating more features to PwC mobile (hoteling, etc.) would be beneficial. While PwC has recently come out with it's own app store, it is unclear how to begin using it for many employees. PwC should make a concentrated effort to communicate to employees how to get the best out of what is offered to them.