PwC
3.5 of 5 4,305 reviews
www.pwc.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Great Place to Learn

Tax Manager (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

I have been working at PwC

ProsYou will work with very skilled and talented people on great clients. Thus, it is a great place to learn and to develop as a professional. Flexibility is available for those who are "on top of their game". High performance is rewarded.

New tax staff are encouraged to rotate through various groups and are required to get diverse training. This provides a broad skill set to build upon.

You will attend a national training for a week every year and local trainings and online training is always available if you have the time.

The San Jose office is very oriented toward technology clients and venture capital clients.

ConsJust the normal stuff you would expect working at a large client service organization -- resource managment issues and quite a bit of admin. Lots of hours at times.

Clearly working for a big four accounting firm is nothing like working for the government. If you are looking for a eight to five job then most of the time this isn't it. Overtime is part of the deal but doesn't have to occur while you are at your desk. Beyond office hours no one really cares if you are at your desk or not. If you get your work done right and on schedule it will show up in your reviews and you'll be rewarded for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe firm has great leadership right now. They could make PwC better by finding innovative ways to improve resource management and streamline adminstrative tasks.

PwC = best place to work

Tax Senior Associate (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at PwC

Pros: PwC treats every employee as part of the PwC family. They know how to appeal to every aspect of an employee's happiness - recognition,… Cons: Accountants and auditors work a looooot of hours, but this is true… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the great work, I love working for PwC. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great team, great firm

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at PwC

Pros: The talent of the team is phenomenal. Cons: Ability to travel and agility for change are key requirements. Advice to Senior Management: None Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on PwC.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PwC CEO Robert Moritz. All reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees.