There are newer employer reviews for PwC

PwC and IFS equals, second class citizen

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Smart and talented people.
Great Benefits
Above average compensation

Cons

IFS staff are not valued
No growth opportunities, it's just a job
Goodleadership is spotty at best

NA

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place, if you can take the long hours

Current Employee - Advisory Associate in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Advisory Associate in San Jose, CA

I have been working at PwC

Pros

-Awesome place to start your career since there are a lot of different roles you can play.
    -Great opportunities to grow. You will always be given responsibilities beyond your position and pushed to the limit. It can be stressful, but what better way to learn than to be thrown into the fire?
    -Excellent Directors and Managers, who are down to earth and easy to talk to. If asked, they will make the time for you. But my experience could be unique as I've heard of different situations in audit and tax. I work in advisory.
    -Interesting Projects to work on. You will always be working on different clients with different people and different projects.

Cons

-Extremely long hours. I usually work 60 hours a week and some weeks that number jumps up to 70 or 80. It's kind of sad to work investment banking hours for big 4 pay, but that's how it is.
    -Working on weekends. I've had to work a couple of weekends as well.
    -Fast turnover of colleagues. Someone leaves every week at least. Half of the fun at work is who you work with, but that is not a consistent thing at PwC since people leave all the time.
    -Competitive environment. Everyone here is trying to get to the top, so you have a lot of people to compete with to get there.
    -High stress job. This job can be extremely stressful when there are tight deadlines. Most of my managers and directors have sleeping problems.
    -Can get pigeon-holed into an sector if you're not proactive

-Hire more staff to spread out the work
    -Push down the leadership messages to the Managers and Directors better

2. Amazing career starter... the rest is up to you.

Current Employee - Tax Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Tax Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at PwC

Pros

All of the exposure to different industries and different clients. The firm as a whole is great and you really just get an experience unlike any other. You meet people from all walks of life and from so many different backgrounds. Also, the exit opportunities are great. You can be hired out from a client.

Cons

The long hours and no overtime. At many times throughout the year, you have no social life b/c you spend it all in the office.

Be more sensitive to the needs of the new hires. The learning curve is extremely high. It is very difficult to catch on at the beginning so a little patience wouldn't be so bad.

There are newer employer reviews for PwC